Quantcast

App to view PDF's?

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by lardo5150, Dec 7, 2011.

1. lardo5150

lardo5150 New Member

Can I even view a PDF with Google TV?
    Looking at how I can view a PDF located on my pc downstairs that I have my GTV connected to.
    I am using Tversity for my DLNA

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The only way I've gotten it to work is to the use PDF component that is a part of docs.google.com as described by CatfishRivers, "http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-faqs/1849-workaround-viewing-pdf-file.html". All the other PDF related Android applications seem to be using NDK for ARM whichs makes them compatible for Google TV.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I wanted to also mention that once you have obtained the URL for the PDF file - you can try entering it into a regular Google search. This is because often Google will have the option (with the search results) to view as HTML - by clicking where it says "Quick View".

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  4. swould333

swould333 Member

If you have access to another Android device you can use the file manager Filexpert to make a back p of Documents to Go then send them to the revue Via the WIFI file sharing feature built into the app. That's how I've gotten most of my side loaded apps onto the Revue... Doc's to go does pretty well the full range of doument managmet you need... PDF's, docs, xls, even power point... if you have the paid key it gives full editing. kind of a pain as a work aroundbut it works...