Quantcast

App Request to help with gaming input delay problem:

Discussion in 'Google TV Development Discussion' started by dectwo, Sep 11, 2011.

1. dectwo

dectwo New Member

Assuming Google / Sony etc. does not come out with a 'Game Mode' with their next big update. Would it be possible to program an app that would bypass the android OS to the input signal. Basically a work around.

I program for a living so I would gladly do it if given the proper tools and guidance.

However, if someone on these boards is already programming android apps, it would probably be an easy concept for you (mr/ms.developer) to do.

I think this tool would benefit a lot of people on these boards as well as others.

All the best.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Google doesn't give this level of kernel access to Google TV developers. They won't even allow x86 Native Development Kit (NDK) code to run on Google TV, and I don't know if they ever will.

3. dectwo

dectwo New Member

Well in order to turn down post processing, could an app be developed to turn off specific post processing systems? While this wouldn't be a perfect fix, it would atleast be something good to start off with until a real fix comes into play.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The circuitry flow of HDMI input goes through the CE4100 processor then through the HDMI output. So, there's always going to be a degree of latency of relaying the HDMI signal. The added post processing on top of that could be bypassed but Google doesn't allow the necessary level of kernel access to allow Google TV developers to do it. It is possible for the OEMs (Logitech and Sony) to do it but not third-party developers.