Quantcast

app play a .vob file...

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by travisdaul, Nov 17, 2010.

1. travisdaul

travisdaul New Member

I have most of my movies stored on an external hd. most are saved as .vob files. anyone know if there is an app that will put them together and play them as one movie?

2. MysticalTux

MysticalTux New Member

3. davemoffettjr

davemoffettjr New Member

travisdaul , all you have to do is share the DVD folder on your pc and then on Google TV/Media player and it will bring up your computer on the list of servers and you will be able open the folder and just click on play on the first .vod files..I was able to get it to work as long as your wireless network is fast enough or is able to stream without issues...You might have to get a free program on your computer call TVersity http://tversity.com/ download and install the free version and make you add your DVD folder to the server ...that's how i got it to work for me..I'm still working on streaming hd video..Once I'm able to do that I will share that with you also..I'm at work right now so try that and if it does not work or you need further info..Just message me and I will provide more detailed instructions on here

4. sbtyper

sbtyper New Member

Hey guys, im having the same issue. I have my dvd's ripped into VOB files saved on my harddrive. I am currently streaming them to my OPPO blu ray player without any issues and it works perfectly with Tversity. GTV was able to recognize my Tversity server and the dvd's on the hard drive, but when it came time to play the vob file GTV could not load the files. I was thinking that this was still in 'Beta' mode but if someone has found a way to stream VOB files please let me know as I wont have to switch HDMI connections everytime. Thanks.