Quantcast

App Error Everytime Tv Is Turned On

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by Cunningham1420, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Cunningham1420

Cunningham1420 New Member

Hello, Ive ad my Google Tv for almost a year without any problems. About a month ago my tv started displaing an error msg everytime I turn my tv on, saying there was a problem with my google.tv.appilcation that I should "wait" or "force close" it. Well this app is the app that controls my cable tv, so if I hit "force close" I loose my picture and sound until I reopen the "live tv" app. What shoulf I do to remedee this? Should I "factory reset" my tv to resart it? Ive already tried unpluging it for a minute and that had no effect. Please help someone

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Yes I would try the factory reset.

3. saokp

saokp New Member

Ever since the update I received on or about 10/11/12, I've had an error message reading "The application WebEvents (processcom.echostar.stbcontrol.gen1) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.", with the Force Close option. Force close doesn't work, the box keeps popping up so I can't use my tv at all anymore. I've tried the factory reset but it didn't help.

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Try going to your settings and clear all data from that app.

5. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

Last time I had thus error on my revue it was because my gf downloaded to much stuff and the revue ran out of space. Make sure you have enought free space uninstall few apps delete unused files...
    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

6. anjenaire

anjenaire New Member

I am having the same issue (it occurred shortly after the latest update that came out recently). I have been unable to close the box so I can't delete apps, or change any settings or do anything frankly. I tried hitting the reset button on the back of the unit and holding down the settings keyboard during boot (I did see "Safe Mode" displayed in the lower corner but still the "The application WebEvents (process com.echostar.stbcontrol.gen1) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" error message pops up and continues to pop up). I am afraid this error is preventing me from getting to the Revue settings or anything.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

7. anjenaire

anjenaire New Member

So I guess the first few times holding down the factory reset didn't work because the third time I was able to go back. PIA re-creating my keyboard shortcuts, etc. but at least I am back in business.