Quantcast

Anyway to stream from your tablet to the googletvbox?

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by MSmithGTV, Nov 4, 2012.

1. MSmithGTV

MSmithGTV New Member

Hey folks,

I'd like to choose a movie on my Nexus 7 tablet (that's stored on my tablet) and have it start playing on my costar. Is this possible?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

3. bdcfam

bdcfam New Member

Google TV V3 update will support mirroring (Miracast)

4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I think I read that you can send video to your google tv with the able remote app.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The thing about the Able Remote is that it is more convenient to use it with the Sony or Logitech GTV devices - this is because the Vizio Co-star box itself does not have an IR blaster - only the Vizio remote has the IR blaster built-in. This was explained by the Able Remote developer in the following thread:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-apps/4150-able-remote-google-tv-16.html

From the thread:

"The Vizio Co-Star device does not have an internal or cabled IR blaster. Only the Co-Star physical remote has a IR blaster. The physical remote can be used to send the IR commands for IP remotes such as Able Remote, but it is disabled by default. The remote goes into power save mode when the physical buttons aren't pressed. You have to disable power save: Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth -> Vizio XRA700 Remote -> Remote power save -> Off. The remote will be on all the time and can then be used to forward the IR commands for Able Remote. You have to point the remote at the devices and of course the remote battery will be drained faster."

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Yes, it's possible, very easy to do, stream movies, videos, music, photos that's on your computer (Websites), stream media content from your Android smartphones/tablets direct (Beam) to your Vizio Co-Star to your big screen TV (See YouTube Video Above) ...... What's so good about it, the software you need to send (Beam) movies, videos, music and photos from your Android smartphones/tablets to your Vizio Co-Star to Your big screen TV is FREE .....

You can get complete details and easy set up instructions here http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...ion-twonky-server-plus-twonky-beam-sweet.html .... Sending (Beaming) movies, videos, music, and photos from your Android mobile devices to your Vizio Co-Star to your big screen TV is truly the hidden dimension of the Co-Star and ultimate experience most people don't even know exist .....

*PLEASE NOTE: When You Have The Vizio Co-Star Connected To Your Big Screen Non DLNA TV, It Automatically Becomes a DLNA TV With The Vizio Co-Star Connected To It ... You Now Can Also Beam Media Content From Your Android DLNA enable Smartphones/Tablets Direct To Your Vizio Co-Star Connected Big Screen DLNA TV .....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  7. MSmithGTV

MSmithGTV New Member

Is this confirmed anywhere?