Quantcast

Anyone try the Logitech K700 Wireless Keyboard with the Co-star?

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by jim2011, Nov 16, 2012.

1. jim2011

jim2011 New Member

I searched and could not find a definitive answer. Anyone try it?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Somebody tried pairing the Logitech Revue mini-keyboard to the Vizio Co-Star and said that it didn't work very well:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...ni-keyboard-isnt-compatible-vizio-costar.html

I imagine that the K700 keyboard would function more or less the same as the mini-keyboard when paired to the Co-Star. It was mentioned that some of the dedicated GTV command keys (such as the back key) didn't work with the Logitech Revue mini-keyboard when paired with the Co-Star. I would think that the K700 would probably be able to do basic typing when paired to the Co-Star.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The Logitech K700 works great with my Windows Vista laptop and my Sony NSZ-GT1 Blu-ray player with Google TV but I don't have a Co-Star to check it with.

4. bever1992

bever1992 New Member

I just got a k700, but i cant seem to pair it with my NSZ-GT1. I bought it open box from best buy without a remote and when I turn it on it goes right to the pairing screen so I cant change any settings on the system. How can I pair it?

5. ChrisG8

You pair the keyboard with the USB unifying receiver using a PC, then plug the unifying receiver in to the NSZ-GT1. You should find instructions here:

Logitech® Unifying receiver

• Like Like x 2
  6. ChrisG8

I think you also need to use that little connect button on the front of the NSZ-GT1 after setting up the keyboard. Download the user's manuals from the Sony site and Logitech if you don't have manuals and still can't get it working, it was so simple, I don't recall what I did but it only took seconds, I do recall that.

• Like Like x 2
  7. bever1992

bever1992 New Member

I got it working. thank you for your help.
    Another newbie question though, can you turn the power off with the k700? Haha sorry if its obvious.

8. ChrisG8

The K700 was made for the Logitech Revue Google TV box and it won't turn the power off on it, there is no Google TV power off button on the keyboard, but it can be used to power off the TV and AVR.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ChrisG8

I will bet you didn't get the IR blaster with it either. I am 99 percent certain this IR blaster will provide identical performance to the original dual blaster that comes with the NSZ-GT1 just in case you don't have one yet.

NEW Dual IR Blaster Repeater Transmitter Emitter Cord | eBay

• Like Like x 2
  10. bever1992

bever1992 New Member

Awesome. Thanks for your help!

11. ChrisG8

We have gotten way off topic for this thread of course but if you did order that, let us know somewhere how it works out. Maybe a thread with after market accessories for the NSZ-GT1 would be a good idea since for whatever reason, so many of that model have been sold without remote, without power adapter or without IR blaster. I recall several threads with requests for remotes or AC power adapters for the NSZ-GT1.

12. ChrisG8

I did order this blaster, installed it and can confirm it works properly. I would say it isn't as robust as the original and requires more precise placement but once it is in the proper place in front of receiver and TV, it works. Since the Revue uses 2.5MM mini jack for IR blaster and Sony uses 3.5MM mini jack, it is not a suitable replacement for the Revue.

13. ChrisG8

Oops, I am going to retract my recommendation for that blaster I bought for $4, the IR signal is too weak for the Vizio display it is used with and the original equipment blaster works much better. It does control volume and power off the Yamaha AVR it is used with properly but is hit or miss with the TV, hardly what I had hoped for. I will use it but think there must be a better after market dual blaster to replace a lost or broken Sony original part.