Quantcast

Anyone having issues with the tv/movies app?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by les anderson, Nov 1, 2011.

1. les anderson

les anderson New Member

Mine does not seem to have any content loaded and when I see results that link into the app from a general search I get a not found error after a few seconds. Anyone else having issues?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Couple of things to check; Filters and Associated Account. You can see the filters that are applied by going into the App Directly. They will be in the upper-right hand corner. If you select filters like "Free" and "HD" your recommended content will be very limited. Also while in the "TV & Movies" app press the GTV Menu to make sure your account is associated if you want to eventually have realistic recommendations. Before I enabled that, for some reason they kept recommending Golden Girls to me. :/

• Like Like x 2
  3. les anderson

les anderson New Member

Thanks for responding- I am searching all content at all quality. I have even gone into the applications settings and cleared out the data from the app.

The first time I launched the program it populated, but since then nothing.

May have to totally reset the box or try to change the cable lineup to force the see the data.

Can you think of anything else?

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Sorry, no. I'm still trying to get a handle on this version. Maybe on of the links between you and Google's RSS server is down?

5. les anderson

les anderson New Member

That is exactly what it seems like. Maybe I will give it another day. I would hate to rebuild the entire configuration and still have the same issue.

6. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

I'll let you know as I'm rebuilding the whole system because of the same thing. I'm scanning my QAM tuners now..

7. les anderson

les anderson New Member

I hope it works. Good luck.

8. les anderson

les anderson New Member

How did it work out? Thanks

9. gtv_brown

gtv_brown New Member

Hi Les,

Could you provide more detail? So you search, click on a Movie/Show page, and you see an error? Could you tell me what the error says? Also, are you still experiencing this issue? Thanks!

-Matt

• Like Like x 2
  10. les anderson

les anderson New Member

Hi Matt, thanks for responding.

I am not seeing an error per say (I may have said that yesterday) but I dont see any content loaded when I launch the app. I have played with all the filter settings and have them currently set to time=now, quality =all. I see the categories, and I see the shells for where the content should be loading within the categories but they remain empty. I do sometimes see a message relating to no content found and to adjust the filters for more results.

In addition, lets say I launch a search from outside of the app, the "global" search will show hits linked to the tv/movies app however when I click on the link for that content that opens the tv/movies app I get a message saying that the content could not be found. This message comes from the app itself after it has been opened.

It seems like the link between the app and the database where its content should be coming from is broken.

So far I have;

Rebooted
    Cleared the app data under "manage applications" in the settings menu
    Changed my cable lineup to try and force the app to update

None of the above have worked.

I have AT&T UVerse service in 33143 Miami.

Thanks

11. gtv_brown

gtv_brown New Member

Are you on a wireless or wired connection? Are there any other areas of GTV that don't seem to be functioning properly? I'm trying to figure out if your issue is due to network/latency issue or if it's TV/Movies specific.

Does a reboot solve the issue?

-Matt

12. les anderson

les anderson New Member

Wireless, but it is the only device on a 5ghz wireless network. Everything else is screaming fast and I dont have any other issues anywhere else within google TV. I was streaming HD netflix last night with no issues for example.

Reboot does not fix it.

13. gtv_brown

gtv_brown New Member

When you open up TV & Movies, do you see images? Does anything within TV & Movies work?

14. les anderson

les anderson New Member

No images. Just the gray shells for the thumbnails. Nothing seems to work. Thanks

15. les anderson

les anderson New Member

Pictures

Attached Files:

16. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

Sorry I was @ work but even after a rebuild it still is blank...

17. shane.smith

shane.smith New Member

Do you have the cable working? Do the 'show' and 'movies' tab in the app work? Atleast they should work, they should be able to get movie/show details from crackle/netflix/amazon.

18. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

Now I don't have cable service but I do have basic cable channels.. Which the tuner finds about 60 of them.. I can see things in shows & movies but the On TV section is blank and never shows anything.. I am assuming the TV & Movies section replaced the what's on menu. The what's on menu worked for me before but as of late before the release of this version it stopped working and never worked again no matter what i did.. so this is or would be an ongoing issue. Am I correct in saying that it should work even if I don't have cable service but I can tune digital cable channels.? I spoke to a Sony rep who said the rovi guide needed to populate first. Which didn't sound right as it has been populated. I'd love to get to the bottom of this so GTV guys feel free to chime in. Thanks

19. shane.smith

shane.smith New Member

Yes it should work if you have the channels tuned in. I don't have the cable either but as i have basic channels tuned in i do see stuff in 'On TV' section. Maybe there's something somewhere in tuning options you need to change

20. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

I have it set in the tuner settings.. Program information source Rovi Guide.. It's always been the rovi guide.. So its..

-settings
    -video input
    -built-in tuner settings
    -channels
    -program information source

Thanks for your time it's greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011