Quantcast

Anyone find bugs in new HoneyComb 3.1 firmware?

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by djangofan, Nov 3, 2011.

1. djangofan

djangofan New Member

Anyone find bugs in new HoneyComb 3.1 firmware?

The first bug I have found is with the new Media Player app. When it first came up, right after I upgraded to HoneyComb, the Media Player asked me if I wanted to play files off of the local device or my home media server (Windows7). I chose "local device" and ever since then the Media Player no longer detects my network media server. It seems to be "stuck" on remembering the first device I chose. I tried rebooting the NSZ-GT1 a few times... and I also tried killing the Media Player service in the Applications Settings. Anyone else having this bug.

Also, I copied a 2.7GB movie to my NSZ-GT1 via FTP and now I can't delete the file. Android refuses to delete it. I tried a bunch of the file manager apps in the store but nothing can delete the file. Anyone know how to reset the firmware?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I've seen it. Though, I usually just use the GTV Menu to have it rescan the available devices instead of rebooting it.

3. kevin.kuei.0321

kevin.kuei.0321 New Member

I found the flash player plug-in is easily to be crashed in access some URL with youtube chromeless player.
    This is not happened to me in previous version (2.1).

4. djangofan

djangofan New Member

yes, there is a flash game called "Pirates Love Daisies" that I use to estimate the capability of the Flash in the browser, and this version of the browser comes close but still fails.

5. b0Ne

b0Ne New Member

Tv and movie app has blank titles.

6. biggerbyte

biggerbyte New Member

I'm not sure about bugs yet, but you can be sure I'll find some at some point. I have noticed this software is a tad less responsive than the previous. It is nothing to fret over, but there none the less. Also, before this update I was able to leave things such as TV, or the Device Settings, for instance, and return to the home screen by simply using the back option on the remote. Now it returns to a black blank screen. I have to actually use the home option on the remote now to get back. Now I do remember a couple of things I was doing that did return to the home screen using the back option. I'm not remembering what they were. After more testing, I'll elaborate. This might be normal behavior now with this new software. It just seems off after being able to go all the way back to the home screen in such a practical way.

7. gtv_addict

gtv_addict New Member

Guys... Live stream videos stop after playing for a little bit.
    Market does not always respond to INSTALL button.
    Shockwave player crashes very often.
    Cosmetic bug: (not sure if the number of apps on the app screen is limited?)
    The video streaming bug is very frustrating!
    Any ideas?

8. drhill

drhill Member

Honeycomb on my Xoom is rather buggy too.

9. Fone_Fanatic

Fone_Fanatic New Member

I've found a few but one that i've ran into several times was with netflix.
    I've noticed if you leave netflix and go back to it the screen will be black. going back to home screen, and back to netflix does nothing. Pressing back button until it gives you the option to "exit netflix" quits, but when you attempt to re-open netflix, it just displays a black screen. Same if i go into settings-applications-running and force stop netflix. I have to hold the power button on the box for 30 seconds to reboot the device to get it back up.

I think this, and the other issues i've ran into with apps crashing, is due to the box only having 512MB ram! that is ridiculous! just opening 2 apps knocks me down to 20-30mb free causing apps to crash, lag, etc.

BUT regardless of all that, i'm happy we finally got the update and i'm feeling optimistic now that the "big" update is out, we'll be seeing more frequent minor bug fix update (fingers crossed). Or even better yet, get root access so we can ad block and remove some bloat to free up ram!

10. dman97

dman97 New Member

HBO Go did not come with the update. I could not find it in the market either.

11. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

HBO has yet to submitted an Android app for HBO Go compatible with Google TV; however, you can still access the content through their website.

12. kilofox

kilofox New Member

My mouse/cursor is sluggish. Anybody else?

13. djangofan

djangofan New Member

There is a setting in the preferences to adjust mouse speed . Did you try that?

Another bug: when I remove apps from my main homescreen, such as the "Help" app, they return to my homescreen after reboot. It wont remember to hide them.

14. biggerbyte

biggerbyte New Member

Found a couple tonight. I was watching directv using the TV app. Had it on for a couple of ours. Went to close the app and go back to the home screen. It would not close. I could overlay the home screen on top of the TV app, however, by choosing the home option on the remote. This is the first time this has happened. I had to shut the system off and back on to stop the TV app from running. No, I did not think about a force close. :(

Anyway! After that my system became unstable. I tried to load the android market and it popped up an error with an option to force close, as did other apps. It was random though. Some tries would allow the app to open. Overall, unacceptable. I had to completely restore the system in order to get things back in order. Tried using the android market app again. Loaded fine. Had some app updates. Loaded those, but with a hitch. The updates installed and completed, but the main screen kept saying updating, even though it was done. I could not move to the next app and update it without clicking on my apps again as to leave this screen and come back. After clicking on the fourth and last app to be updated, the whole market app crashed. It is strange that app updated anyway, even though the market app closed. I feel like I've just bought a beautiful new car that is fun to look at, but as soon as I begin to drive the car and make it my own, I find that the car is actually hosed.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  15. biggerbyte

biggerbyte New Member

Oh, one other thing. I tried the fireplace app. The audio would play fine, but the fire animation would freeze often enough for it to be annoying. Bad app, or bad honeycomb? If someone could also be kind enough to tell me how to delete an app that I don't want to keep, such as this download, would be most appreciated.

16. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Use a long key press of the application within the All Apps drawer and you'll have a popup with the option to uninstall.

17. biggerbyte

biggerbyte New Member

Thanks! :) Next I need to learn how to force close the TV app should it not want to close again. I hope this does not turn into a "do a system restore every four days" event.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  18. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Long Key Press of the GTV Back button will open the Exit TV player dialog box.

19. biggerbyte

biggerbyte New Member

Awesome! Thanks again..

20. sputnick

sputnick New Member

The only times this happens to me is if the cursor is dirty (rub with cloth or on your shirt) or if the batteries get low.