Quantcast

Anyone else using Tasker? I need to control the system volume with the Revue keyboard

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by Tye, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Tye

Tye Member

I discovered that one of my favorite apps, Tasker, works on Google TV.
    Does any expert here have an idea how I could use Tasker to receive a command from the Revue's keyboard? I would then have Tasker execute a System Volume Up/Down task. Running logcat shows some Intents flying around during keypresses but I don't think Tasker can monitor those.

(If you're wondering why I want to do this, I seem to have the only TV produced that doesn't control its line outs with the TV volume. Anything line out is always the same output level. I could buy a sound bar and use digital out or a pass through but that's more money spent. Thanks!)

2. halox

halox New Member

Sorry, can't help you with that. I'm just curious if you've gotten tasker to do any cool things with google tv. I'd already purchased it so I installed it to my Revue ... but I honestly can't think of any tasks to set up with it.

3. Tye

Tye Member

Hi halox,
    Sorry, returned my Revue because of its current limitations. There were a lot of things that I like about the concept but knowing the Revue will likely not ever be updated again was a deal breaker for me. Will try GTV again when the new faster Vizio box comes out.

I didn't get to spend enough time with the Revue to really dig into its internals. However, as mentioned, the logcat logs looks really interesting. If we could find a good way to tap into that, I bet Tasker could provide some great automation to GTV. I'll report back when I get another model.