Quantcast

Anyone else using developer leaks of 3.1 here on the forums?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by trin20t, Oct 19, 2011.

1. trin20t

trin20t New Member

Please post. Don't be scared. I want to know your thoughts so far. I am using these developers builds direct from Google,and I can tell you there is alot to come! :cool:

2. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

I have and they always start out great and seem to decline. I love the added functions but I am a Remote control freak and my Keyboard can no longer control my AVR or TV. Control the DVR just fine but that is over IP(Dish Itegration) Harmonies sstarted controlling the Revue but have since stopped. I have to use the controller to control GTV But it will not control anything else and anything else can control everything but the Revue. Frustrated at this point but waiting patiently, upgrading everything around it so that when the OTA comes everything works the way I want.
    Luckily Logitech released the Link so I now control all my devices from iPad and hope they add this functionality right to the Revue

I do have Twonky working on my Linksys E4200 to the Media player it play everything I have.
    I found the Logitech Media Player because of the leak and have that setup on my computer serving everything up to both my Squeezebox and Revue with no issues.
    I have found many useful apps like clicker to bring more content to me without have to really search for it.

3. danger-rat

danger-rat Moderator Staff Member

I use it, and love it - but I'm a flashing junky, so I like to try something different. I also bought a second revue, just in case, so I'm not really concerned about any negative impacts...

4. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

I guess I should have said that I am a flash junkie as well

5. trin20t

trin20t New Member

Great to hear from you guys. I too am a flashing junkie and couldn't wait to flash my Revue when I got it.
    It's working great for me here. Towboy like you I use Twonky to stream my media and please it works with 720 p mkv.
    I also sideloaded Clicker but it's also in the spotlight and works with the Chrome browser.
    I too found out about the Logitech Media Player in the leaks.
    Since using the leaks my bookmarks button doesn't work at all. And there is no video app now for my Logitech webcam.
    But I am happy. I sideloaded 30 apps and they work like on my tablet.

6. trin20t

trin20t New Member

That's good. I'll say I am worried I can't use the new update unless I go back to the first leak(using the debug builds).
    I may get another Revue.

7. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

I am missing vid as wellMy bookmarks are hit or miss it must be sync issueIn the last couple of days the Harmony app has been force closing rather consitantly.Frustrating and relieving all at onceEither way I have tasted what is to come and am pleased with where it is going

8. thewilliams1

thewilliams1 New Member

Long story kinda short... I'm stuck on the Logitech splash screen as of last night. I didn't want to flash the leak due to the lack of recovery, but someone found a way to load the recovery from the first leak onto the second. So with that development, I installed the first leak with no issues and while my computer was snail-downloading the second, I started going through the setup process. I got past logging into my Google account when the download finished, so I foolishly pulled the power from the Revue to load the USB.. booted back up and STUCK at the splash. I'm going to play with it tonight since I've read of a lot of people able to overcome this by trying over and over to get back into recovery, but I'm gutted right now... I really like the revue and don't have the coin right now to spend on technology (wife lost her job due to flooding).

If anyone knows of a way to bring it back to life, holler!