Quantcast

Anyone else seeing issues since latest update?

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by amartin, Nov 19, 2012.

1. amartin

amartin New Member

I've had a couple of recurring issues since the 3.4.0 update

1-get error message in the lower right corner of the TV screen. Only it's not big enough to reveal the text which explains what has actually failed. Is there any log of errors anywhere?
    2-remote becomes completely unresponsive. During a video playback the remote stops responding. Eventually have to shut the vizio down and restart.

Any one else seen these issues?

2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I have not seen those errors yet, but please keep us posted ....

3. brikon

brikon New Member

Yea. My remote has been pretty much useless even before the update. letters are always sttttttttttttticking/ and just stops responding. Using able remote or google's remote apps completely fixes the problem.

Try unpairing it, re pairing it.
    Try just using it IR mode.
    Hope that helps

4. amartin

amartin New Member

Another issue I see, now that I was trying out the google primetime app, is that there are no channels listed when I add my tivo with broadcast channels only. Is there any way to manually add channels?

5. LeadingMan

LeadingMan New Member

If messages are in lower right corner, they might be update notices. Go up to the * (to the right of the time at top) and check notifications, or go to Play Store and see if there are updates waiting (probably YouTube and Google Music). Haven't had any remote problems.

• Like Like x 2
  6. amartin

amartin New Member

Thanks for that, Leading Man. I didn't know where the notifications were. Turns out, this was a plex issue. The plex server disconnects all the time...

7. mdvalenz

mdvalenz New Member

My issues are with Plex as well. Since the update it gives me an error several times a day. I keep sending in the reports so I hope they figure it out. It doesn't stop me from using it though.
    And anyone else using Primetime with DirecTV, make sure you have your DirecTV remote setting at IR mode. If you have it on RF mode, the Co-star remote won't change the channel for you when you select a show from the Primetime screen. It's a setting on the box itself, it will only look for IR OR RF signals from the remote, not both at the same time :-(

8. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

9. perfectstranger

perfectstranger New Member

Latest Co-Star update bombed all radio comms. No bluetooth (won't pair) , no wifi (detects no networks). I'm done with it.