Quantcast

Anyone else having trouble with Google Play on Sony Blu-Ray?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by arrowheadtech, Mar 8, 2012.

1. arrowheadtech

arrowheadtech New Member

I have a sony blu-ray player. After an update was pushed tonight to the device, I can't access the Market / Google Play. I get a "not found" error. Anyone else having this issue?

2. Silas

Silas New Member

Having issues here too, but a little different. The download starts but then quits and throws up a toast saying that "Update of Google Play for Google TV unsuccessful."
    Tried factory data reset, tried recovery boot, and a few other things that have not worked. No bueno.

3. odsamuels

odsamuels New Member

Having problems on my Sony TV set as well... sometimes it gives me an update message and then sits there "Updating..." into oblivion, and other times I get an error about some URL not found or something. I eventually sideloaded the regular Android play app. It's not a great replacement, but it will do for now.

4. odsamuels

odsamuels New Member

Finally got this fully sorted out now. It was sort of a roundabout way and I'm sure there is a better way to do this, but this is what worked for me -
    * Sideloaded Google Play apk
    * Went to android zoom and searched for "Google Play for Google TV" (Google Play for Google TV (Android) - Download)
    * Downloaded and installed it

*** That's it! It downloded the Google TV version of Google play and updated itself (as well as the market) to the latest.

A point to note - The store seems to only handle apps for the Google TV version, not movies, etc.
    Also, I ended up with two icons in my all apps listing for Google Play (I think one was "Google Play" and the other "Google Play Store"). So far it isn't bugging me too much and I didn't have to trouble my home icon for the market as that automatically now acts right.

Lemme know if this helps you or if you have any questions and I'll see if I can help further. Thanks.