Quantcast

Anyone else having problems with Youtube app?

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by nowheremen22, May 24, 2013.

1. nowheremen22

nowheremen22 New Member

I've run into a problem with the YouTube app ever since I updated it to the latest version. I think what's happening is, it's trying to switch over to the lower quality feed when bandwidth isn't available, but instead is just going dead. For instance, last night I was watching videos and it just died. I couldn't get back on the rest of the night and tried again today and it was fine. I watched about 15 videos and it went dead again. It will say that there is a "problem with the network" and won't do anything. There's nothing wrong with my wifi, because I'm still able to surf the web and everything else. I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this and knows of a way to fix it. Thanks!

2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Naw, YouTube works perfect, no spinning cursor, no network issues, If possible, don't use a WiFi Connection via your Co-Star ever, that's a no, no ... (For more Info Go To My Hands On Thread)

3. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Update: The recently released updated youtube app is broken, uninstall it, and return to the old youtube version ...

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Geez the new GTV YouTube app is broken - and Gmail access is currently limited to the HTML version for GTV users. Come on Google you can do better than this -:( ......

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The new YouTube app works but I don't like it and if someone wants to call it broken, fine with me, I sure won't argue. I was happy with the YouTube app prior to this update and will try to roll back to that until this one can be fixed.

6. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Uninstall updates seems to be an all or nothing operation, go back to the original factory YouTube app or use the updated version I have already installed. Is there a way to just uninstall the most recent update?

7. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

A lot of websites today are reporting about the YouTube problems ... You can uninstall the new updated version, it will just uninstall the update and you will auto go back to the old YouTube version ... Also some people are reporting problems with Gmail and Google music ....

8. nowheremen22

nowheremen22 New Member

How do I delete just the update to youtube. You can't delete the app, so do I have to do a factory reset and then just don't update the app? As of a minute ago, it's working for me. That probably won't last though.

9. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Go to the playstore like you are going to install YouTube, their will be a option for you to uninstall, just choose to uninstall the update ...

• Like Like x 2
  10. nowheremen22

nowheremen22 New Member

Doh! Thanks Wisdom. I'm good to go now.