Quantcast

Anyone else experiencing Google Chrome freezes?

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by Kleinerast, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Kleinerast

Kleinerast New Member

This has happened 3 times to me already since the update while I'm watching The sopranos on HBO GO. I can go through 2 episodes perfectly, but then suddenly the video stops and chrome becomes unresponsive. I can still go through the android menu and watch live tv, but chrome wont respond to any clicks. I have to turn the tv off and on again to get it to work. :confused:

2. telecam

telecam New Member

i have two 46" Sony google TVs connected to verizon fios via wifi and both freeze while watching HBO GO despite showing a very strong 4 or 5 bars wifi signal. i experience the freezes anytime 15 to 30 minutes into a show and getting playback to start again takes a few minutes wait or quitting and signing on again in HBO GO, a real pain. All other streaming video services perform quite flawlessly. is anyone experiencing this? any tips?

thanks

3. telecam

telecam New Member

So, no one else with the same issues?? I have pretty much exhausted all possible fixes at this point. My feeling is that it is an issue with the HBO GO app that makes an error on estimating the connection speed and overstream data thus breaking the connection and freezing picutre. Again, every other streaming service works fine on my two Sony 46" Google TVs, that is YouTube, Vimeo, etc... and that is streaming long videos in 720 or 1080 HD quality. Sony's GTV support is clueless.

Best,

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

There isn't a dedicated app for HBO Go on Google TV at the moment. There's only the HBO Go website. If you're having problems with it, then I would suggest that make sure the Default User Agent is set. (Chrome > GTV Menu > Settings > Advance settings > Under the Hood > Default User Agent) Otherwise, it is possible that you're accessing the GTV optimized version of the website.

5. yourhero420

yourhero420 New Member

go to settings > applications > manage applications > google chrome > force stop > youre welcome

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find the "youre welcome" option. Is there a trick to getting it to come up? I tried GTV Menu and long press GTV Bookmark but neither of them did anything.

7. telecam

telecam New Member

I am still having that issue despite Chrome being set to "default user agent". Force quitting Chrome or rebooting the GTV only resolves the problem momentarely. Basically, so far, I have been unable to watch an entire HBO GO program without interruption. Hickups usually start past the 40 or 45min mark into a show. It usually starts a playback quality drop, then picutre freeze or black screen. Eventually, playback will stop and progress bar is reset to the begining of the show. I can only think it is an issue with HBO's server or Chrome. Every other streaming service works beautifully (YouTube, Vimeo, Amazon) and I am on a very fast Verizon FIOS network. Weird...

T.

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I believe the problem on HBO GO has more to do with Flash than Chrome. I'd recommend trying the latest recommendation under this thread, "Re: Official - Flash sites/channels/apps having tr... - Page 11 - Logitech Forums"