Quantcast

Any way to make the logitech gtv keyboard work a device on its own?

Discussion in 'Google TV Hardware Discussion' started by townsdp, Apr 18, 2011.

1. townsdp

townsdp New Member

I have a logitech gtv setup on my main tv but I also got just the keyboard off of a friend not using his. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to make just the keyboard/mouse work through RF or usb on my PS3 in the bedroom without the other equipment. I only want to use it for navigating menus, typing, etc.

2. HDCowboy

HDCowboy New Member

I realize its a little late for an answer to this question but I found myself in the same boat after looking for a new controller for my Sony 32" Google TV. While searching around Best Buy for a bit of a better controller/keyboard, I decided I wanted the "Logitech keyboard controller for Logitech Revue and Google TV" and after looking on the shelves found the Logitech Review came with at least what looked like the very same keyboard controller for same price as the keyboard alone. After buying it and taking it home and trying it on the Sony I found out that it wouldnt work and after further research I found that I was missing a key part to make it work which was the "Logitech Unifying Reciever". Apparently it must be built into the Revue as it wasnt included in the box with it. After further searching I found I could order one on Amazon for $15 which I did yesterday evening AND hopefully it will work the the Sony TV and I'll have basically a free Revue for the price of the keyboard controller I wanted. I will update the thread when I recieve as to whether it will work or not and if not I reckon I done started my Christmass shopping early as I'll probally wind up giving the Revue to someone as a gift.

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, you will need to obtain a USB Unify receiver though. If you don't already have a compatible Logitech Unify input device for your computer then you can buy a replacement part from Logitech Tech for $10. Like from this page: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK710 parts

EDIT: LOL. I just replied to a seven month old thread.

4. HDCowboy

HDCowboy New Member

Yes I realized I replied to a 7 month old thread! LOL! But anyways I was going to start a thread on the same subject until I found that one allready started. And yes I ordered the unifying reviever but canceled it and saved a couple bucks and ordered the one from logitech as the one from Amazon cost a bit more and had a different item number.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I just find it funny you picked this one, I know this has already been discussed and answered on more recent threads.

6. HDCowboy

HDCowboy New Member

Finally got the unifying receiver in the mail today and plugged it into the TV and it didn't recognize the keyboard! I was about ready to bang my head against the wall until I found the following thread on pairing the Revue Keyboard with the Sony Google TV.......

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...ech-revue-keyboard-sony-google-tv-device.html

Figured I'd post the link here in case anyone else ran into the same problem.........HD

• Like Like x 4
  7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Heh, see what I mean about having more update and relevant threads?