Quantcast

any one having luck with the amazon app sort app?

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by Scuzzo, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

that should be App Store App...

i have tried a number of different apps and amazon will not allow the down load... says there is a problem with payment method,, but evey app i have tired is FREE,, just seeing is any one is at able to down load any apps from amazon with the app store app..

2. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

I think you still need to enter a payment option even though it its free. If you are worried about using any of your usual cards. I think I have heard that prepaid cards work.

Sent from my VTAB1008/ giant remote

3. c1tobor

c1tobor New Member

I get apps (free) for my tablet through Amazon appstore all the time and I don't have a payment method. GTV might be different though.

I do seem to remember something about the gmail login though, but don't remember what it was.

4. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

You have to have a Amazon Account to Link Too

5. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

yep... thats cool i fig it out... you need to set up the one click pmnt option... so no the market is fully open... and it will not gate you from downloading apps.. that may or may not be compt with google tv.. more choices is always better.. i would rather find out my self if the app is not compliant then have Mr. Google make that choice for me... as long as its free..

digging GTV 3.1 a lot now..

6. LadyAngler

Yup, the only problem I have with Amazon apps its that I like to theme apps. Amazon has some type of drm on their app store. But other than that Amazon app store once in a blue moon has a useful app from their free app of the day.

Sent from my VTAB1008/ giant remote

7. xkwwwx

xkwwwx New Member

I can't sign in. Is Google blocking it

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

8. LadyAngler

I side loaded the Amazon app store and I am able to sign in.

9. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Google doesn't block apps. The only filtration that Google implements for Google TV is managed by the individual developer. Whether or not the app will show up on the market depends on the Manifest.XML within the application's package. Apps won't show up in the Android Market for Google TV if a developer chooses to the mark resources required for their app run that isn't a part of the platform; like GPS, Touchscreen, or cellular radios. Otherwise, the most restriction that Google has placed on Google TV is not allowing NDK code to run on the platform. However, as I understand the developers are working at implementing this feature in the future.