Quantcast

Any luck ordering from Dish

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by outbackpaul, Oct 21, 2010.

1. outbackpaul

outbackpaul New Member

I called Dish this morning and they advised I called my local retailer who didn't even know such a thing existed. I've called all of the retailers within an hours drive and not one knew what I was talking about.

Has anyone else had any luck with ordering from Dish Network?

2. GTV Daniel

GTV Daniel New Member

Thanks a lot for this feedback. We're checking with Dish on the issue. If you would be willing to PM me with what region you're located in, this will expedite our follow-up.

-Daniel
    Google TV team

3. Maxxsterling

Maxxsterling New Member

I called Dish on Oct 20th, the guy just referred me to the dish.com/googletv website to sign up. He said they were going to be available on the 21st. Called back today (21st) and the guy said they started yesterday and to just go to the webpage and it would be different, I could fully sign up there. I was dubious, but got off the phone and went to look. Same regular sign up page. Called back, talked to a lady who said that it has been delayed from the 21st to the 28th. I'm a little concerned that I seemed to know more about this than the call center people, but they are just call center people and don't necessarily have to know all the new products. I'll hold out till the 28th, but after that I may have to bite the 299 bullet from Best Buy....
    Oh and I'm in Goodyear, Arizona (re: GTV Daniel)....I know you weren't asking me, but if it helps.. =)

4. outbackpaul

outbackpaul New Member

Yeah, I called back and was told the same thing, 10/28.

5. outbackpaul

outbackpaul New Member

Ok, just ordered my Revue. They said it's shipping UPS 2nd day. If it ships from Greenville-Spartanburg I should have it tomorrow.

6. Maxxsterling

Maxxsterling New Member

Just got off the phone with Dish and they said the same, UPS 2nd day, but they said it should be here by Monday worst case scenario....
    Excited!:D

7. craigc.c

craigc.c New Member

Is anyone going to sign up for 2 years with Dish Network just to upgrade to the VIP 622 in order to fully use Google TV? Someone at Google TV needs to tell Dish Network to let long standing Dish Network customers upgrade without a 2 year committment.

8. outbackpaul

outbackpaul New Member

So now I expected my Revue from Dish today and it did not arrive. I called Dish and they said there's been a delay but couldn't tell me why. They say I should get it on 11/3 but don't have anything to back that up with like a tracking number. Very frustrated!!

9. craigc.c

craigc.c New Member

My local Best Buy (Franklin, TN) has the Revue...my issue is that Dish requires a new 2 year contract to upgrade from the VIP 612 to the VIP622. I am a long standing month to month customer who has no intentions of leaving Dish. They are willing to let me go to Direct because of this. Makes no sense. Anyone at Dish that is listening...Listen! Your good customers who have been with you for a long time deserve better than to be bullied into a 2 year deal.

10. outbackpaul

outbackpaul New Member

I hear you Craig. I just had to sign another 2 year contract to add another receiver onto my account.

11. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Those onerous terms are why I left cable, and eventually left satellite, many years ago...it was no longer a worthwhile, cost-effective arrangement for what I watched. Cable eventually created contract-free deals, and I suspect satellite will too, eventually. Like cell phones, the equipment has a cost, but is essentially a loss-leader in favor of the contractual committment. That has always confused me, because a client upgrading his equipment suggests his committment to the service already exists, so why cajole him into a contract?...I made my decision, and never regretted it.

12. craigc.c

craigc.c New Member

What a bummer that Dish is taking this approach to long term customers!

13. outbackpaul

outbackpaul New Member

I finally got my Revue yesterday.

14. JimMariner

JimMariner Member

So,,,, How you liking it so far ? Come on, you can gloat to all of us, we understand :p

15. pcandroid

pcandroid New Member

Ordered mine from dish on tuesday, got it on thursday. So far awesome still lots of learning to do. Then I gotta teach the wife.

16. outbackpaul

outbackpaul New Member

Whew... what a busy week fixing computers.

I really don't have much else to say that hasn't already been said. I love it and can't want to see what apps come out for it. Had some initial youtube glitches but that went away after the first day. Really haven't had much time to play with it. I love the podcast search. I miss some of the options that my Dish remote gave that this keyboard doesn't that I can tell so I'm having to use both the Dish remote and the Revue keyboard. I should have a lot more time to play with it now.