Quantcast

Answered... finally got the Slingbox app working on Revue

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by bukzin, Aug 18, 2012.

1. bukzin

bukzin New Member

Found this info on another forum after much searching so I am sharing it here.

This is regarding Google TV's Revue box, but may be of some interest to owners of other boxes, Boxee, Apple TV, Roku, etc.
    Not sure.

On my Revue the Slingbox app, 'SlingPlayer' (or is it a bookmark?) can be found under the Spotlight tab.

(once in Spotlight select All then scroll down to SlingPlayer)

If you get an Not Supported error try this...

Hi,
    I had the same problem. You must have changed your Google Chrome Settings from "Default User Agent" to something else ..... mine was customized to "Desktop".... I was experimenting. Just set it back to Default User Agent.... It works great.

Note - HOW TO: Once in Google Chrome press the Menu button next to the Alt key on you keyboard. Now that you're in Options, Select Settings. Now that you're in Browser Settings, select Advanced settings. Now you're in Preferences select Under the Hood. Scroll down the right side of the screen to User Agent and Select Default User Agent. Exit and try the SlingBox App in Spotlight.

2. callanish

callanish Member

Just to point out, any success in getting this to work applies only to the slingbox pro hd. The solo has it's own set of problems with the Revue and there is no sign that logitech will ever address it due to performance issues that came about from the 3.2 upgrade requiring an O.S update which we probably aren't likely to get, but well done for giving owners of the HD model a possible solution in getting their slingbox to work with the Revue.