Quantcast

another issue, ugh & question about pandora app

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by the new guy, Jan 20, 2011.

1. the new guy

the new guy New Member

Is there any limit to the amount of songs/ radio "channels" you can make with this pandora thing?

Would accumulating an overabundance of songs cause the system/ the google chrome browser to crash frequently or run slow?

I have noticed that after playing around and adding a bunch of tunes on the pandora thing today my browser/ google chrome thing keeps popping up and saying it has become unresponsive or something. - even when trying to go to other sites.

Also, how do you "remove" songs / channels on the pandora thing? It seems you can continue to add them, but there is no way that I can see for you to delete ones you may not want anymore.

any help would be appreciated.

2. the new guy

the new guy New Member

just an update - now i can't even get the pandora app to completely load - when I click on there it keeps flashing a prompt in the middle saying "having unexpected technical difficulties".....and it keeps flickering as if the prompt was "skipping".

what should I do? This problem is probably related/ casuing some of the sites not loading up/ i.e. browser issue? maybe? Will it eventually fix/ right itself?

I am surprised I was still able to load this page and send these replies.

3. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

How many stations are we talking about? I have a little over 100 and don't have any problems with the Pandora App on the Logitech Revue.

4. the new guy

the new guy New Member

well, I tried doing the old basic - unplug the system for 45 seconds and reboot, and all the issues regarding the pandora & google chrome appear to be fixed.

knock on wood.

However, I would still like to know how you could delete songs from your list if you wish. Anyone know if this is possible & how to do so?

5. kgrr

kgrr New Member

Pandora does not store specific songs in your client device (Phone, laptop, google tv box ... etc.) Instead what it does is to learn what music you like - keep giving thumbs down to stuff you don't like and thumbs up to stuff you like. Eventually Pandora learns your style and suggests new music within your liking.

6. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

You might have to do this via Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music to get rid of your stations with the same account. I can't find anyway to remove stations from the Pandora application within GoogleTV

7. jasonashaw

jasonashaw New Member

pandora "crashes" for us every hour or so. It just stops working and get's hung. Then we have to force quit the application and load it again. It is extremely annoying. Anyone have a fix for this problem?

8. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I heard that with the free Pandora account after a certain amount of time the music stops playing. It can then be re-started by going to the app. I couple of times mine actually 'froze' on a song (which is something different). To delete a station go to your station list on the Pandora app. Next move the cursor so the station that you want to delete is highlighted - and then push and hold down the "ok" button. A pop-up will then come on-screen with a link to click for deleting that station. (I'm on the Logitech Revue).

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  9. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Hey all you have to do is click and hold on the Station/artist you wan't to delete, then a box will pot up asking you if you wan't to delete station.