Quantcast

Android YouTube App Can Now Push Videos to Google TV

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Android YouTube App Can Now Push Videos to Google TV

[h=2]How to Connect YouTube Remote with PC or Google TV[/h]Follow the simple steps below:
    • Comments
      Today, 7:06 AM by Eric M. Zeman

Google today announced an update to the Android YouTube application that makes it easier to play YouTube videos on television sets. The update allows Android smartphones and tablets to connect to Google TV boxes (via Wi-Fi) and push YouTube videos directly to the Google TV. The app also lets the Android phone or tablet act as a remote control for the YouTube video, and can be used to play, pause, fast-forward, and so on. The update is a free download from the Google Play Store.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Making it easier to watch YouTube videos on TV

What if you could send YouTube videos from your phone to your TV with a click of a button? It's an idea we've been working on since 2010, and today we're taking the next step.

We're making it even easier to play videos from your phone or tablet on your TV, with a YouTube app update for Android and Google TV that automatically pairs your devices on the same WiFi. Just find a video on your YouTube app for Android - - click the TV icon that appears, and the video will play instantly on your Google TV.
    [​IMG]

Like a remote control, you can pause, scroll or skip to the next video with your mobile device as it plays on your TV. Since your devices are connected in the cloud, you can also do things like find the next video to watch from your tablet or browse around the web on your phone, all while the video plays on TV. You can even connect multiple devices to the TV to have your friends add to the playlist.

Stay tuned to see this feature coming to more devices and screens in the future. The next evolution of TV is in your hands.

Timbo Drayson, Product Manager, recently watched all of H+ The Digital Series on his TV.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

YouTube announced a new feature today that can beam YouTube videos to Google TVs and remotely control the videos from Android devices.

YouTube is now giving you another reason to enjoy your Google TV devices. Starting today, YouTubers on Android devices can stream videos to their Google TV-enabled sets. Apparently, this is an idea YouTube has been tinkering with since 2010.

The update to the Android app and Google TV, both which launch today, can pair YouTube videos that you're playing on your mobile device and beam it straight to Google TV using the same Wi-Fi connection. To pair your mobile video with your Google TV, you just simply need to select a show, and click on the TV icon (the universal sign for "Play" superimposed on the silhouette of a TV) that appears in the black navigation bar at the very top of the app. There are also a few bells and whistles that transform your Android mobile device into a remote control: While the video plays on your television screen, you can scroll through the video to skip ahead, pause, play, or skip to another video altogether
    Google and even Apple have stumbled over how to attract consumers to connected TVs and set top boxes, and mobile devices have ended up competing for this attention. It's hard to challenge a device that can be carried anywhere, and connected TVs simply haven't caught on with consumers, according to GfK's latest study. But there's an emerging trend where TV viewers are multitasking and browsing multiple devices while in front of the screen. In fact, mobile devices are increasingly being used as an auxiliary medium for finding out more information, about a TV show for example, or using it to browse the Web. There's also the fact that, according to NPD, 70 percent of consumers are watching TV on non-TV devices.

This update should make it easier for YouTube users to be constantly connected to the network from at least one device, whether it's their smartphone, tablet, or connected TV. "Since your devices are connected to the cloud, you can also do things like find the next video to watch from your tablet or browse around the web on your phone, all while the video plays on TV," YouTube Product Manager, Timbo Drayson, explains in a blog post.

YouTube has been seeing tremendous growth over the past year with its app on over 350 million devices and with 25 percent of total YouTube views coming from mobile devices.

For now, this latest feature works only for Android devices and Google TV, but YouTube confirmed with us that the feature has been planned for more devices and screens in the near future.

Read more: YouTube update for Android beams YouTube videos to Google TVs | Digital Trends

3. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[h=2]How to Connect YouTube Remote with PC or Google TV[/h]Follow the simple steps below:

4. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I'm checking this NEW YouTube Google TV Beam via the Vizio Co-Star to your big screen TV in HD, SWEET, yeah ....! Google got a winner here, this is just awesome ....! Go Google...!(lol)

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I was able to get this working with my TouchPad tablet on a Logitech Revue although I am not sure I will use it much.

• Like Like x 2
  6. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

I stumbled across this a few weeks ago, but promptly forgot about it once I discovered I could AirPlay videos and whatnot to my GoogleTv.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

The new YouTube app can now be upgraded via your Android mobile devices, just hit the Google Play Store ....!

8. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I spent more time with it, very good app and unless there is some gotcha I haven't caught yet, I will use it a lot. It is a great way to choose a movie from YouTube and get it started, among the hundreds of free movies may be a few dozen I want to watch but figuring out which ones has been a pain, this makes that a lot easier. I can move between YouTube and IMDb easier and quicker, make a decision and get the movie started much quicker than by just using Google TV. I also like the way I can quickly choose among my recommended YouTube videos, queue as many as I want and start viewing.

I don't care to use the app after the decision about what to watch has been made, I have switched to the keyboard and the tablet has been set aside, I just prefer a traditional keyboard to a touchscreen keyboard. It is the process of moving about various sites, reading and choosing, swiping pages aside to get to the next one and decide what to watch that makes this app shine for me.