Quantcast

Android tv smart box..

Discussion in 'Google TV Hardware Discussion' started by pepe999, Mar 11, 2012.

1. pepe999

pepe999 New Member

Hi all,
    I have a Synology NAS (ext4 file system) and would like to connect it to my Panasonic HDTV. I have checked some google tv boxes and picked two of them on ebay..
    Android TV Box HD Media Player Smart Google TV HDMI Wireless Network 2.2

and
    Black Android 2.3 WiFi Internet HD 1080P HDMI Google TV Box ARM Cortex A9 1G CPU

Could anyone tell me that any of them will work with the NAS, please? I need to be sure before I buy so any help will be appreciated..
    Cheers, pepe999

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Those are not Google TV boxes but I have no idea how well they will work with your NAS, maybe somebody else can comment on that. Both of those products are Android TV and although similar to Google TV since they run Android, I wouldn't buy one.

3. pepe999

pepe999 New Member

Thanks for the response! It doesn't have to be a proper google tv box (logitech) because I don't have a cable tv. I just need something for connecting the NAS and a TV but because there is a linux file system on the NAS Boxes on Android should support linux file systems so they may work but I have no experience with that. Any suggestions? Many thanks, pepep999

4. jetmdt

jetmdt Member

Check out Android Forums they have sub forums for boxes like the ones you are talking about.

Jeff

5. terrywan

terrywan New Member

android 2.3? wow!
    Now all android 4.0 or android 4.1 for HD media player, tg-nl17d is better, now I own it, very good work!

6. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I couldn't find much real information about these boxes and unfortunately the Google TV subforum is filled with questions about the Android TV boxes and spam from members joining to try to sell the things.