Quantcast

Android TV Boxes: Tronsmart S89 vs. Rikomagic M902

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, May 11, 2014.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Good detailed review - and reviewer even mentions comparisons to GTV:

Android TV boxes: Tronsmart Vega S89 vs. Rikomagic M902 - Liliputing (click for full review)

by Brad Linder - May 11, 2014

-- A new crop of Android TV boxes featuring Amlogic S802 processors are starting to hit the streets. Like earlier TV boxes, they're designed to let you run Android apps ranging from Netflix to XBMC to Asphalt 8: Airborne and other games.

But Amlogic's new chip is said to be faster, offer better 3D graphics, and add support for 4K video playback, among other things.

So does it live up to the promise? Kinda.

Geekbuying sent me a Amlogic-powered Tronsmart Vega S89 to test, while the folks at Rikomagic sent me an MK902 with a Rockchip RK3188 CPU. Both devices typically sell for between $100 and $120.

Both devices are small boxes designed to hang out by your TV and each features a quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor, 2GB of RAM, and 8GB of storage, WiFi, Bluetooth, HDMI and Ethernet.

But there are plenty of differences which you'll notice once you take these little guys out of the box and start using them.

See more at: Android TV boxes: Tronsmart Vega S89 vs. Rikomagic M902 - Liliputing

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

Catfish,I have a Keedox M8 on the way..the main screen looks like the one you posted..but I'll settle for the android default :)

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I know that box runs AMLogic S802 also. Did you get 1GB or 2GB RAM? Either way, let us know how well it works. I haven't seen anybody else here indicate they have one coming.

4. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

Chris,yes 1gb plus 8 internal..if that makes sense..
    Haven't received it yet,but am very excited about the prospects,of being able to
    use Skype,watch free movies and TV around the world,plus sports..

Wonder why gtv didn't think of this?