Quantcast

Android Remote Control App

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by palms, Dec 17, 2010.

1. palms

palms New Member

Thought I would start a thread specific to the remote control app for android phones. First of all I would like to say that this app is great and is more user friendly than the remote that came with my sony blu ray. That being said I still have a few issues with it.

1. I can't change the volume on my A/V Receiver with it. I can turn my receiver off by hitting the bottom right button on the remote and clicking AV Receiver ON/OFF, so I know it is communicating with the receiver. Just can't figure out the volume.

2. Not that big of deal but I would like to know why there is no option to turn the Google TV unit OFF. And furthermore why not an button to turn my DVR off? I would like this APP to be my only remote.

Those are really the only things I can think of that I would like to see.

2. Malachi42

Malachi42 New Member

While running the Google TV Remote app on your phone press the volume control of your phone. It should pop up a configuration dialog where you can set it to control the volume of your receiver.

At least, that's what happened with mine and now the volume control of my phone controls the volume of my receiver.

3. palms

palms New Member

hmmm.. Yeah the configuration dialog box that pops up for me is trying to get me to control my TV via IR. I just can't figure this one out. It is frustrating.

4. Malachi42

Malachi42 New Member

Yes, so did mine. Select your TV and continue on through and it should give you the option of selecting the TV or the AV Receiver as the device the volume control should control.

At least mine did.

5. palms

palms New Member

Thanks that worked! I never thought about actually finishing the setup. Thank you very much !

6. andcbii

andcbii New Member

I cannot get my phone to connect to my google TV.... Any tips?

7. andcbii

andcbii New Member

I just reinstalled the app and now it's working =/

8. 00-Pablo

00-Pablo New Member

I just downloaded the GoogleTv remote app for my Android phone (had it in my old phone and it worked great!). However the newly installed app is asking me for a PIN code to connect to the TV. I do not remember doing this before and I do not know how to find out my PIN code. Any help?