Quantcast

Android Phone For Revue Remote

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Travel, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Travel

Travel Active Member

I'm looking into getting a Galaxy S 3 phone, and checked-out the compatibility of this phone with the Revue on an Android forum.

The info that I've found states that, because the Galaxy S 3 phone is on the Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS, it's not compatible with the Revue that supports the lower (3.2 Honeycomb) versions, only.

This information is 6 months old though, and the latest that I could find.

Does anyone have definite info on this, and do the "4.0 phones" work on the newer boxes out there?

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I don't care for touch screen remotes, phone or tablet, but I did install one or two of the remote apps on my TouchPad running Android 4.0, it worked with my Revue and I would say there is no reason having a phone with Android 4.0 and Revue with 3.2 would prevent using the remote apps with your phone. I can't recommend one or verify all will work with that combination but different versions of Android won't prevent using a phone as a remote with the Revue, that much is clear to me.

Hopefully someone running a remote app on a Galaxy S3 phone with the Revue can recommend something.

• Like Like x 2
  3. lennondevid

lennondevid New Member

I have also Samsung Galaxy S3 that provide the awesome features which are very useful for so many peoples. Samsung Galaxy S3 is also compatible with revue remote, It works well on Galaxy S3. You can use your smartphone as a remote and provide the great experience of remote with Android.