Quantcast

Android Market Question

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by sprank1, Dec 31, 2010.

1. sprank1

sprank1 New Member

I have the 40" Sony Google TV and am loving it so far.
    I know that the Android Market will be coming soon to the Google TV devices and I had a few questions I didn't see answers for. It's possible that there aren't any answers yet but I figure I would give it a try.

Does anyone know if the Google TV will be able to use all the Android Market Apps? Or will there be only a subset of them available?

If I have many apps that I have paid for on my Droid, will I have to purchase them again for the Google TV? I am hoping that the market will allow me to download my already paid for apps to the new device like the apple market does.

Is there an eta on when the Market will be available for Google TV devices? I know I am rushing it, but just eager to see what this thing can really do and what apps people will write for it.

Thanks

2. ms507

ms507 New Member

I am not certain, but I am guessing many Apps will, but most games wont. It would be pretty hard playing Angry Birds on this... same with a 3D Shooter.

But yeah, I am hoping they just come up with a way to make most of the apps work on this, instead of doing what apple did with the iPad and have like a whole separate market.

But then again, the apps would look funny. I guess we will just have to wait and see

3. mskks64

mskks64 New Member

For people with an android phone it would be no problem playing the games haha

4. srramalot

srramalot New Member

You can always use a keyboard-mouse combo, or a usb controller for games