Quantcast

Android Market on the Logitech Revue

Discussion in 'Google TV News' started by dandroid, Jan 10, 2011.

1. dandroid

dandroid Administrator Staff Member

Have you wondered what it would be like to have the Google Android Market on your 'Logitech Revue with Google TV'? Some tech-geniuses over at GTVHacker figured out a way to make that happen. Now they can download all the stuff from the Android market on their TV and so can you, if you are unafraid to follow their complex hacking process. It requires some pretty specific hardware and software, but if you have the inkling to get hold of that stuff, then, as always, be careful because you could brick your device, but let us know how it works over at Google TV Forums!

Source: GTVHacker via Phandroid
    by dgstorm

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  2. WishRyder

WishRyder New Member

This kind of video does make me a little sad that my Revue is already updated, and thus, unable to be rooted. I'm still hanging on to hope that a software root will be available once the actual google tv market opens and development picks up.

3. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

I am pretty sure we aren't too far away from a softhack for these platforms. I am really trying to figure out exactly how updates are pushed OTA for Android in general. Once this is solved, rooting and flashing ROMs will be much easier.