Quantcast

"Android device not associated...." with Google TV

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by mpersico, Sep 3, 2011.

1. mpersico

mpersico New Member

Hi,

Just got a 32" Sony Google TV last week for the kitchen. Mostly pleased, but having an issue with the Android marketplace. While the marketplace itself now offers Google TV-specific apps, when I go to install one/any of them, I get the "No android device associated with this account".

Now, this error has been around for a while and there are many solutions for it...for android PHONES. So the question is - how do I add my Google TV to my Google account so I can begin to download some of the new apps?

Apologies if this was posted/asked somewhere else; I did do a cursory search and didn't find anything similar...

Thanks in advance!

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Google TV users aren't able to currently download apps with our current android 2.1 OS. WE will have this ability (to download apps from the android marketplace) after we get the Honeycomb android 3.1 update. The update has been reported to be coming at 'the end of September'.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  3. mpersico

mpersico New Member

OK, Thanks. And, at that point, one would assume Google adds functionality to its systems to incorporate addt'l android devices besides phones.

We'll see in short order, hopefully...