Quantcast

android cellphone users

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by cw54o, Jan 7, 2011.

1. cw54o

cw54o New Member

i was wondering if anyone has tried the logitech harmony app in the android market. i use it and thought it was pretty decent. theres two in the market the other is called google tv app. if you have either or (or both) whats ur take on it/them?

2. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    I have the Google tv app on my Evo 4G, it works perfect for my Sony 40" GTV. I have to turn on my wifi to connect to my home router, then I can control my GTV.

3. cw54o

cw54o New Member

same here i have to connect to the router as well. no biggie though. have u tried the logitech harmony one at all?

4. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

I have tried both on my EPIC 4G. Must use WIFI, no other way for APPs to find your Revue. I like the GoogleTV Remote APP much more then the Harmony APP. Harmony APP has some behaviors I don't like. It also is much more cumbersome to use. GTV Remote also searched and found my Revue, Harmony I had to put in the Revue IP address.

5. cw54o

cw54o New Member

i heard ALOT of ppl complained about that very issue. (app not finding revue) i was skeptic to even try it but it worked just fine on my phone. now the google tv app idk just found it hard to use. its either im slow OR i was already accustomed to the harmony app

6. Netastophales

Netastophales New Member

I use it. I do not like the directional controls on it. But being able to (I use a Motorola Droid (OG version)) slide out the keyboard and use the hard keys for typing, is awesome. Almost as awesome as using voice commands for the TV. Dear lord. when are they going to get that replicator and transporter stuff in here.... then it will be PERFECT!

"Computer.... Find Star Trek Movies..... Play Wrath of Kahn" *Shivers*

7. cw54o

cw54o New Member

voice search is by far the best feature on the app. im going to install it on my mytouch slide to try out the physical kbd commands/short cuts etc. maybe that will free up my current mt4g since i rarely use the full kbd that comes with the revue.

8. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

voice search is the best feature? Have you browsed to a website on your phone, hit menu, hit share, and share the URl to the Google Remote APP or Harmony APP? I think FLING is the one of the best features. (even in its limited functionality so far)

9. cw54o

cw54o New Member

yes i have used the share feature. its not too big of a deal since my phone does that already (mytouch 4G) to each his/her own though right? :) just a little update i installed the google tv app and the harmony app on my other phone and it was entirely too buggy. i played with it for hours yesturdday and i kept getting the 'problem communicating with revue' warning on the phone, so im back to using the 4g as my remote