Quantcast

android boxes

Discussion in 'Android TV' started by Alaska4Me, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

Does anyone know anything about the MX and Keedox android quad core boxes?
    Both look great imho

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I have never owned one of the boxes so my input isn't of much value. With the new Rockchip RK3288 and AMLogic S802 chips, the boxes did interest me enough to read more about them. I agree the processing power and price are attractive.

After reading about the boxes I decided to stick with properly licensed media players like Google TV and Amazon Fire TV which run a modified version of Android designed for streaming media players. For a PC, I am sticking with Windows. That combination just works for me and with PlayOn/PlayLater and Plex I am able to do everything I need.

Unless I used one of these mini PCs, which essentially run tablet versions of Android, I guess I can't know for sure whether or not I could make such a cheap solution meet my needs but I decided just by reading about them I couldn't. As far as I know, none of those no name Chinese boxes are properly licensed to handle DTS, Dolby Digital, etc. and are able to get away with licensing violations just because they are fly by night companies difficult to track down and sue to force compliance. This also means support from the manufacturer will likely be minimal or nonexistent.

Since I already own Windows PCs and a variety of media players that I am happy with, trying to make something like this work for me just isn't something that interests me.

3. George Smith

George Smith New Member

i think now android box with dvb is a new trend. i found in other forum many people are talking Vigica C60S. It looks a good working box.

• Like Like x 1
  4. George Smith

George Smith New Member

Hello I used one model quad core android 4.4 tv box. VIGICA V3 support 4K --just an advice;)

5. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

did you ever figure out the xbmc? that's where I'm stuck figuring out the live tv add-ons lol
    that,and trying to get an add-on for the adobe flash..a woman from Keedox,said that yes,the flash can simply be updated via an add-on

6. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

Chris,having used it now for almost 3 days,I'm very pleased where they're going..
    and they did a side by side comparison with the Minix..and the Keedox M8 had more going for it
    which is a great thing.

I'm having a blast with all the xbmc gadgets and things to do..that I wish gtv had about now