Quantcast

Android Apps: The Best 10 So Far In 2012 (Download Links)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Apr 7, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Android Apps: The Best 10 So Far In 2012 (Download Links) - International Business Times (click for full article)

"The Android App Market recently changed its name to Google Play. This, however, doesn't mean that the nature of the apps has changed. On the contrary, Google has introduced a number of new apps to go with the newly launched Android 4.0 or Ice Cream Sandwich.

The lists of apps below are meant to make your otherwise tough everyday life a bit easy.

Here are the 10 apps you should have in 2012: "

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  2. jeremy

jeremy New Member

Also some evergreen app for business like "Opera Mini", "Dropbox" and "My Sales Dialer" are doing great in '12..

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Tech Scan: The Android Spring | Crosscut.com (click for full article)

By Skip Ferderber

What are the best of the best apps for getting the most pleasure from your Android device?

I have a few ideas . . . and if you're looking for something relatively harmless to do over this long Memorial Day weekend, maybe stopping into your favorite app store and reviewing some of these little marvels might work well for you.

Android phones have become, well, fashionable. With hot new models including the oversized tablet-like Samsung Galaxy Note, the buzz-worthy Samsung Galaxy S3 and the HTC One X, Android phone owners have true bragging rights instead of iPhone envy.

According to a report from the IDG research firm, as quoted by ZD Net, Android commandeered 59 percent of all phones sold in the first quarter of this year; Apple came in second at 23 percent.

There are hundreds of thousands of Android apps out there. It all can get terribly confusing ... so here's my list of some of the apps that make Android phones worth owning.

Some of these apps are also available on the iPhone. That's actually a good thing. To me, it means that your Android phone is even more competitive with the iPhone, and you can now look at both flavors of phones on a much more level playing field.

First, know that you now have two major app stores to shop in: Google Play and the Amazon Appstore. Google Play is home to virtually all leading apps in all categories, and has become a focal point for acquiring Google-marketed apps, music, movies, and TV shows, games, etc. The Amazon Appstore offers a free app daily (some are even worth having), and just introduced a download-and-test-before-buying feature for the Android phone that had previously been available only on computers.

Last edited: May 29, 2012