Quantcast

An easier way to sideload Apps to your Vizip Co-Star - use no add-on software needed!

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by idarwin, Oct 11, 2012.

1. idarwin

idarwin New Member

You already have a Google account if you're using an Android device, right? So take advantage of it:
    1. Set up Google Drive on your computer. Or, since I promised "no add-on software", you can access your Google Drive through the web!
    2. Still on your computer, copy the APK to the top of your Google Drive folder.
    3. On the Co-Star, hit the V key and select and run Google Chrome.
    4. In the Chrome address bar, enter the magic URL https://drive.google.com/#my-drive
    5. You may have to login here with your Google account. Do so.
    6. Your Google Drive directory will appear. Select the APK file. Press Enter.
    7. Use the mousepad on the numeric side of the remote to select the "Download" button in the middle of the screen (if you don't see this, hit the V button and select Chrome again).
    8. Double-tap on the mouse pad. You should see "Download started". Unfortunately, Chrome won't install it for you, at least it didn't for me.
    9. Hit the V button, and select the Downloads app.
    10. In there, once your APK is fully downloaded, select it (sadly the APK is given a made-up name as it's actually store in Google Docs, so go by timestamp or filesize if you have more than one). You'll be asked if you want to install it. Do so.
    You are done! If you want the files to stay all in one place, just leave them in your downloads folder too.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

3. herculese1

herculese1 New Member

I too use google Drive to sideload apps. the only difference is i installed the google drive app since its so easy to use instead of the web interface. Also instead of finding the app on your computer first if u install APTOID most apps are there. once you get used to opening the download from the notification bar it really becomes the easiest way. but if you would rather download the apk's to you pc then yes google drive is perfect for this. Same as dropbox but i find google drive to be a tad faster.

4. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

You can also just use Dropbox.

5. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Yes the Dropbox is fast and easy, when I install a (Side Load) app, it goes directly to my Dropbox, from then on that (Side Loaded) app is like Visa, it's everywhere I want it to be .....(lol)