Quantcast

Amo navi x

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by kilfinan, Nov 23, 2013.

1. kilfinan

kilfinan New Member

Anyone know what the status of this is? It isn't listed in the play store any more.

Slightly pissed off as I paid good money for the app, then GTV tells me it's not licensed any more so I go to the store to reinstall and it isn't there!

Also, it was one of the reasons I purchased the Sony device for GTV. I might as well just use my Xbox if I can't get Navi.

Thanks for reading.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

This is just a guess on my part. While Amo-Navi X is legal - all of us in the know understand that the popularity of apps like this is that it links to good free 'pirated' content. (To the OP I am not saying that this is how you use Amo-Navi X - I'm giving my generalized opinion of the Navi X app). Amo-Navi X would not be a 'popular' app if all it linked to were old non-pirated legal content such as 1950s public domain movies - or things like YouTube cat videos.

Yes it's 'legal' in the USA for a web site or app to only link to pirated content - as long as the web site/app doesn't actually host the pirated material. (By the way in Spain they recently just passed a new law and they're throwing webmasters in jail just for linking to pirated material). So while apps like Amo-Navi X and 1channel are currently technically 'legal' in the USA - IMO morally what they do is just not right.

OK so many people don't give a rat's as* about what's morally right (or some don't see anything morally wrong with it at all) - I get that part - but here's the bottom line. I believe with Chromecast being a big sales hit - it's continued success is based on Google's relationship with REAL official content providers. Amo-Navi X is not a real official content provider. I'm talking about content providers such as Netflx, Hulu Plus, HBOGO etc. It's very important for Google's bottom line to maintain their relationship with these content providers. Google also needs the official content partners for YouTube and the Play Store. So IMO what likely happened was one of the content providers complained to Google about Amo-Navi X.

The fact that Google also removed the TV-Portal app a while back, and now 1Channel is reported to not be working would seem to add credence to my theory that Google has begun "clamping down" on these kind of apps.

*OK I just looked and I do see 1channel is still listed in the Google Play Store - but there are numerous recent complaints in the Play Store comments section that the new 1Channel update isn't working with Sony GTVs. Sony also has a vested interest in maintaining relationships with content providers - as Sony has their own Video Unlimited platform & Music Unlimited Platform. I suggest trying to contact the app developers to see if you can get an answer.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I suspect Google pulled the AMO Navi-X app but I have no way to know for sure. Neveroffline is a member here and has made posts offering information from AMO, not sure if he works for the company but it would be worth asking him about the app if he/she is still active here. The AMO Mitty app is still available at the Play Store.

4. Drtyore

Drtyore New Member

I've been using 1channel since I bought the player...

In the last, maybe three days I've noticed a significant drop in accessibility / content streaming speed. I haven't been able to "search" any more for TV shows, and rely on the "Icefilm TV shows" pre-loaded menu of shows. I came to this forum just for this issue, as I wanted to make sure it was the app and not my new ISP.....

Anyone know what is to be expected?

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I read in the comments section on Google Play Store that some 1channel users say it works better now if you uncheck the "alternate website" box in the 1channel settings menu.

6. Drtyore

Drtyore New Member

Tremendous improvement after doing that!

Thanks!

7. kilfinan

kilfinan New Member

Can anyone advise how to set it up. Do I need to set up some sort of proxy server?

Thanks

8. Greenenergyassessors

Greenenergyassessors New Member

Look in the Settings section and under Use Alternative Website, tick that one. Close and Reopen the App and it should be ok to use.

9. kilfinan

kilfinan New Member

Still not working. All I get is "...make sure the index host site is working"

10. deadringer28

deadringer28 Active Member

If you look in the Play Store from you GTV device you will see Amo Navi-X listed in the "My Apps" section under the "all" tab. Each time I have gotten a new device and after a few factory resets it has always been there for me.