Quantcast

Amazon VOD HD?

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by oasay07808, Dec 31, 2012.

1. oasay07808

oasay07808 New Member

Since there isnt An actual Amazon app, the browser is not allowing me to play hd movies. It says that I cannot watch hd through the browser. Is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance...

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The only way I am aware of requires Amazon offering HD for Google TV and updating the Google TV devices with a new app. I believe the LG Google TV displays have been updated with a new Amazon app that allows this so hopefully over time, all Google TV devices will be able to access Amazon Instant Video movies in HD. I understand it has been a licensing problem due to concerns about DRM. TV shows in HD are available to Google TV using Amazon Instant Video so once the licensing concerns are solved, it should happen. I don't know if the first gen Google TV devices are capable of running the app and since that is all I own, I may never have access but fortunately I have other devices for that purpose and have been watching Amazon Instant Video movies in HD for a few years.

3. SuperCaliber64

SuperCaliber64 New Member

I have a Panasonic Blue-Ray player with the Amazon VOD app and the HD is great, but the machine is so slow that I watch SD on my Revue. Still waiting for them to release it for the Revue.
    I'm also considering a NSZ-GS7 or Co-Star upgrade because I doubt I'll ever see the app on the Revue. Articles have stated that the app will come to other devices in 2013.