Quantcast

Amazon (VOD) App is very disappointing

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by volwrath, Dec 11, 2011.

1. volwrath

volwrath New Member

The Amazon VOD app is basically a link to their website. I hate it. Its impossible to find what prime videos I am eligible for. I might as well buy a Roku for Amazon.Besides that I am enjoying my new 3.1 system.

2. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

Make sure to post a review regarding your issues with Amazon as well.

~¤~Sent by a Bolt aka Angry Bird Slayer~¤~

3. volwrath

volwrath New Member

Any idea where on amazon's site I would do this? Or just send an email to customer support?

4. LadyAngler

Oh snap! Ummm I am not sure. The app isn't listed under installed apps in the market. I guess the vod app is really only a bookmark to the site online as you said so the normal visit developer website link isn't available. Sorry I should have checked that before I suggested to leave review. But...maybe try these links below to at least express dissatisfaction and get help. I haven't had a chance to test Amazon VOD as yet. I will to get to that today too and I will also leave feedback if is not satisfactory as well.

Maybe start looking here: Amazon.com Help: Amazon Instant Video

and search here:Amazon.com Help Communitunity

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  5. LadyAngler

I tried to edit my post above but it kept messing up. LOL Anyway...my first few attempts at watching Amazon VOD the shockwave kept crashing grrrrr! LOL Seems fine now though...my movie keeps playing. :) I had no trouble finding prime videos...so I am not sure on that problem. I did notice this feedback link after selecting a prime video. Maybe try using that. I got some pics of it for ya ;-)

$IMAG0167.jpg $IMAG0168.jpg

EDIT: Dagummit! My vod/shockwave just crashed again! Grrrrrrrrrrr! LOL

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  6. Mar

Mar New Member

If this is a vital feature to you, I recommend you buy a Roku. Roku's app does a good job of segregating the Prime videos.

IMO, the Prime library pales so much in comparison to the Netflix library that using the service with an app would only amplify the shortcomings. Maybe this is why there is no app?

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Or you know... it could be something they're working on according to the Google+ http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...-discussion/3609-hangout-jurek-foryciarz.html

8. thedude

thedude Member

Are you using the TV and movies app? This will gather all the content from your configured accounts as well as other online stores.

When you find a movie you want to watch and click it, it tells you how it's available. For example, when I clicked on Spinal Tap, it showed me it was available on Amazon and Netflix.

Other tv and movies will show up as rent or buy. HBO content shows up if you have HBOgo configured.

You can filter on cost and quality, so for example, you could say free and hd.

9. entertailion

entertailion New Member

I'm a Amazon Prime member and when I wanted to play one of the free Prime movies, there was a message that HD versions of the movies will be coming soon for Google TV. So it looks like they are working on making things better for Google TV users.

10. volwrath

volwrath New Member

All good comments for sure. I am also going to attempt to sideload the fire VOD app and see what happens :p I also am going to give amazon some feedback on this, but I am glad that something may be coming

11. SuperCaliber64

SuperCaliber64 New Member

I have a Panasonic Blue-Ray player with the now defunct VieraCAST. On it there's a AmazonVOD app and with it I can watch HD movies and TV shows. The app has a much better navigation for TV then their own web site. I hope the "coming soon" app for GoogleTV is more like the VieraCAST app and less like the web site.

12. entertailion

entertailion New Member

Agreed. There are several really good video apps for Google TV and the Amazon web site for videos is looking very bad in comparison.

13. volwrath

volwrath New Member

FWIW I attempted to install the Amazon VOD client for the fire, but it just FC's when I attempt to run it.

14. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It's probably because the app was has ARM NDK code in it, and you're trying to run it on an x86 processor.

15. anjenaire

anjenaire New Member

I agree that the app is dissappointing. I left feedback on their help community and at the site but time will tell if they step it up (for a discontinued product). I have the VOD app on my Vizion TV and that works well so I can always use that for one of my Revues but the other has nothing other than a BD (Vizio VBR 231) that doesn't have a Amazon app (it does have VUDU so in a pinch, I can rent movies there but that doesn't help with my Prime Membership options).