Quantcast

Amazon Prime VOD

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by jdunn27, Feb 18, 2012.

1. jdunn27

jdunn27 New Member

Hey all I am new to the forums, I have the original Sony NSZ-GT1, I have searched for this answer and I could not find it. If it is out there I appologize in advance.

When I go to play an amazon prime movie it will not let me click on the watch now button. It shows up like a hot link that I can click but I cannot click, I can access the video on my pc but not on my Google TV. I have done a reset but still no avail. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Yes. When I initially ordered my first movie, I had a panicky moment where the button was not clickable. If I remember correctly, I backed out and entered again. Probably reloaded the page.

I think the problem lies with the way the Instant Movie ordering page and the actual player page are linked. On the first try I think our browser reads the pages as open. Another way to make the buttons clickable is to scroll up to the top of the screen until the address bar appears and hit 'Enter.'

I believe unless you do a factory reset, you should have no problem w/future movies. Just the effect of the way the page is cached???

Carl

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  3. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Member

My wife and I have been watching the series "24" for the last few weeks. Have the same problem here.
    When I click on the "watch now" button, the player comes up with the message "loading" and then just sits there.
    I have to back out using the back button on my keyboard (Revue), and then continue from there.
    Sometimes I have to do this several times.
    This only happens with the first episode (we watch several episodes each night). Subsequant episodes play ok.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Aha!

Confirmation. So I stand corrected. I just went and watched the Steve Jobs movie. And yes, I had to reload. But once the movie played, wow...If only Netflix could catch on. I'm thinking it might be a cookie issue. But I'd rather have the reload problem at the beginning. With Netflix you can be in the middle of a trouble free viewing and Bam! you're looking at an error msg.

Carl