Quantcast

Amazon Prime Videos

Discussion in 'Sony NSZ-GT1' started by googletv79, Aug 7, 2013.

1. googletv79

googletv79 New Member

I have Amazon Prime account, i couldn't find amazon instant video app which runs for this box, i don't like the browser to watch the instant video

Is there any app which solves this issue

I saw in Prime Time amazon instant video, but i couldn't see way to add my amazon login there and i see only paid movies, i want to watch my prime membership movies

Any suggestion?

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Amazon Instant Video and Amazon Prime Instant Video are only available through the web browser with the first generation Google TV models, including the NSZ-GT1. That isn't expected to change, ever.

3. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

For the NSZ-GT1, I just use laptop to search/browse for videos and then use the "Send to phone" feature to 'cast' it to Google TV Chrome browser.

4. googletv79

googletv79 New Member

Thanks for the responses, this helps.

Does Amazon Instant Video app works with ChromeCast?

Also does the chrome cast has a full browser like google tv?

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that several Chromecast users reported Amazon Instant Video doesn't work with Chromecast.

It could be due to the fact that Amazon Instant Video has a Microsoft Silverlight version as well as a Flash version. Chromecast doesn't support Microsoft Silverlight. I would think that if you make sure that you are playing the Flash version on your computer - that it would work with the Chrome tab feature of Chromecast. I have not tested it though as I don't own a Chromecast:

Amazon.com Help: Streaming with the Silverlight Player

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=201112530

Chromecast does not have it's own browser. You need to use Chromecast with another device - and currently the Chromecast Chrome tab feature only works with a PC or Mac.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  6. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

I've come across a lot of articles lately that Amazon is seeking developers for HTML 5 apps. So far it only seems to apply to the Kindle. But this may open the door to HD streaming for all devices w/or w/out apps. Possible???

7. googletv79

googletv79 New Member

Thanks for the more information. This is really good.

Now overall i believe Amazon instant video is not a good option with my device, i have to go with Netflix. I don't want open my phone/laptop/tablet to browse and sent to TV, I need a in built in app for instant video which is not possible.

8. Carlszone

Keep checking Amazon Instant Videos. I also thought that my late Logitech Revue had lost the ability to play content in Chrome. But a few days later I tried again and the videos once again played flawlessy although only in SD.

9. ChrisG8

TV shows can be played in HD, movies in SD using the Chrome browser with Google TV.

10. Carlszone

Aha!

That may be the reason I thought the Hisense Pulse was able to stream in HD long before the app was available. I just tried my Amazon Instant Video Library via Chrome and it played. I would suggest troubleshooting via clearing Cache & restarting modem/router & rebooting the unit. If it plays for me in Chrome it has to play for ya'll on all the devices be they 1st gen or 2nd.

Chris, thanks for the tip. When I first got on the devices that hadn't yet got the V or Reloc upgrade I was puzzled why Amazon Videos were in an HD format. It now occurs to me that I was trying out the newer devices on TV shows rather than movies. But my Instant Videos of my owned movies still look good via the Chrome browser. I can't tell the difference although I guess those of more discriminating tastes would beg to differ. While I hate the Prime member content, I do love Amazon Instant Videos. And every once in a while I am surprised by TV content that can't be found any where else.

Carl

11. philw1776

philw1776 New Member

Huh? My system has an Amazon app which I used for years except for a recent problem with one new movie

12. drhill

drhill Member

It's not an app. It's a shortcut on 1st gen GTV devices.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ChrisG8

If you are talking about the NSZ-GT1, that is a shortcut to use the web browser and movies are only available in SD although TV shows are available in HD. A proper app is a nice improvement in my opinion and allows movies in HD, quicker loading and fewer problems. Still if nothing else is available, the web browser does work well enough that I used it before I had something better.

14. ericd

ericd Active Member

The LG GTV has an app. I can't see it on the Playstore and I can't remember ever seeing it update but it plays pretty smooth and gives you a choice of SD or HD on most shows (movies are only SD)

Here's the APK for it, although I doubt it will work on anything other than an LG, but it's worth a shot. The app came pre-installed on my LG 6400 and worked even before the JB update. It would not load on my Android mini pc. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ro3b11usuh8dpp/AmazonVideo_GTV-10222310.apk

15. ChrisG8

Only the first generation Google TV models must use the browser, all others have an Amazon app like the LG models. The first generation can not run the app intended for the newer models.

16. drhill

drhill Member

Adding to this. It is because 2nd gen on wards have specific hardware for DRM.