Quantcast

Amazon OnDemand and other issues

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by the_ox, Dec 18, 2010.

1. the_ox

the_ox New Member

When I visit amazon on demand it will not play video. I click rent/buy video and nothing happens. I can surf away from the site but I simply cannot get anything to play. I watched an episode of glee 2 weeks ago when I got it and since then nothing is playable on amazon on demand. I've restarted the revue, any other guesses?

When I do a tv search, it pulls up my results but will not let me scroll down. All I see is the first listing and then the first 5 episodes available, but no scrolling will occur.

I'm at the point of return for my revue. I can get over the blocked websites but this current issue is a deal breaker for me. I had such high hopes for the revue, but I have yet to find anything on it that is actually worthwhile. Very frustrated by the above problems.

2. skoretsky

skoretsky New Member

Haven't had many issues with Amazon VoD but I have a very fast wired internet connection (15Mb/s download, 2Mb/s upload).

3. the_ox

the_ox New Member

Its not the download speed in my opinion. Its like chrome is unable to process the command to the amazon server.

4. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

An update has rolled out..did you get it yet? What version software are you running?

5. the_ox

the_ox New Member

2.1-update1

Everything on Amazon responds with the exception of watching the movie or watcmhing the trailer.

6. GTV Daniel

GTV Daniel New Member

Hi the_ox,

Are you still having this problem? Are you seeing any other issues with video streaming?

What build number do you have? You'll find this under Settings > About > Build number.

Thanks,
    Daniel

7. Ricky

Ricky New Member

Just for another opinion, I happened to be doing a LOT of Amazon video on demand just before the update and it was perfect. I am really impressed wiht the service that I used first on a Tivo, then on my Bravia, and then on Google TV. It was working perfectly prior to the update. It seems less stable after the update, however I am not getting the same thing as the original author. When I start some videos it seems like the video is running a little fast and then it seems to get better. I have one video now in my library I can not run on Google TV, it is the Pilot for "The Event". When I try and run that I get a dialog that pops up with the title Unable to Connect and text in the dialog "Unable to connect to video. Pleae try again later.". I am on build KA1X-20101208.224639.user-b42449

I will try from a PC and my Bravia to load the same and see if I get the same on those devices, or if they run ok.

8. Ricky

Ricky New Member

I confirmed that more than one video that would not load on my GTV loaded fine on my Bravia. I think that AVOD has become unstable since the update. I had not tried to use it after the update until I read this thread, and I know prior to the update it was SOLID. I tested it a lot, rented a movie and watched sseveral shows, and now something is amiss.

9. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

I've watched about 15 hours of Content on AVOD prior to the upgrade and about another 10 hours post update and am not seeing this problem on my Logitech Revue...Some SD content, double checking HD content as I type this...and am having no problems with HD content either.. This is for both TV series and for Movies. I'm actually seeing more consistent HD performance then before.

10. skoretsky

skoretsky New Member

Like TheSanTechnologist I'm not having any problems with Amazon on Demand either on my Logitech Revue. I think it'll be even better when they release a true app for it vs. being supported in Chrome only.

Happy Holidays.

11. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    You might think about doing a Factory Reset, go to settings then About and it's like the 7th or 8th down. This fixed some problems I was having. If you didn't get the OTA update yet you might want to what for it then do a Factory Reset.

Hope this helps :)

12. huntscomputer

huntscomputer New Member

I believe that I was having the same problems that some of you guys were having. I would click to purchase and play a video on Amazon Video and nothing would happen. Also, when I clicked to to play a movie trailer, nothing would happen then either. I started looking around in the Chrome settings and remembered that I had changed the "agent" settings to a custom setting because I was trying to "trick" some of the sites that blocked Google TV into thinking I was using a different system.

I changed the settings for the User Agent back to "Default" and then I could play movies in Amazon Video without any problem.

Hope this saves someone else some time.

Peace,
    Ryan

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2011