Quantcast

Amazon On Demand Issue

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by kcconk, Feb 21, 2011.

1. kcconk

kcconk New Member

NSZ-GT1:
    Last night we tried to rent a video from Amazon on demand. We were able to select a movie but was unable to "click" the option to buy. This was perplexing as I have accessed AoD prior. I tried again this AM only to have same results. I then phoned Sony and after having them instruct me to check initial protocol (firmware, software, searchable settings, etc.) the rep had me - do a factory reset of the device. This was a pain but I proceeded and after the setup was complete and the device restarted - AoD worked. The rep assured me this was an uncommon problem and that I should not have this issue again.

Just posting yet another issue I have encountered with this device in under 3 weeks time.

2. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Hey kcconk, when you say "click" the option to buy", does that mean you where trying to download the movie? Or where you just trying to rent it?

3. kcconk

kcconk New Member

...rent. I initially viewed a free video (breaking bad - pilot) right after we bought the nsz-gt1. So I knew it had worked before. However, for some reason last nite, it wouldn't allow the purchase to be made. I also tried to watch a free video after the attempted purchase,but this failed as well.

I don't know. We'll see how we do know after the reset.