Quantcast

Amazon Now Discounting LG GTV Approx. 30% - Best Buy To Carry New Sony GTV Box

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Jul 18, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I noticed that Amazon just got new shipments of the 2 LG GTV televisions in stock. For the first time they are now being significantly discounted by approx. 30%. The 47 inch model is going for $1199 and the 55 inch model $1699:

Amazon.com: LG 47G2 47-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 120 Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Google TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses: Electronics

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also noticed that Best Buy will be carrying the new Sony GTV box. This is good news - hopefully they will put some on showroom floors (instead of just offering it online). I typed in my zip code on the Sony web site and the only stores near me that carry it are Best Buy (but it says to phone them to see if they have it).

Note: I noticed that the Best Buy site has the new Sony Google TV box NSZ-GS7 described improperly as a Google TV blu-ray player. The NSZ-GS7 is just the GTV box without blu-ray. Hopefully Best Buy will get their site corrected:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...t=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&st=Sony+NSZ-GS7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize that the new Sony GTV box has barely been released yet - so it might still be too early to tell - but IMO the early sales ranking of the Sony GTV box on Amazon is indicating slow sales... It's ranked at #1155 in Amazon Electronics as I type this post.

For comparison purposes (on the same sales chart) the Revue had been languishing at approx. #800 (plus or minus a few hundred slots for several months) - before Logitech took drastic action by slashing prices dramatically. I'm thinking that eventually there is a good chance that the price of the new Sony GTV box will be seeing "discounts" (further down the road):

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-NSZ-GS7-...qid=1342641768&sr=1-3&keywords=Sony+Google+TV

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  2. lschroeder

lschroeder New Member

Check today's dealnews. Fry's has 47 GTV for $799 and 55 GTV for $1299. Might be today only.

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Wow, I couldn't get the price to come up at the Fry's site and it isn't available for shipping, only in store pick up but the 47" for $800 sounds like a nice deal to me.

FRYS.com | LG

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I noticed that Amazon is discounting the LG GTV televisions even further. The price only shows up if you add the TV to your cart - which I did to find out the current prices.

The 47 inch model is currently offered for $1019.95 (which is 40% off list price).

The 55 inch model is currently $1499 (which is 35% off list price).

Interesting that sales have improved dramatically since the price drop. The 47 inch model is currently #822 on Amazon Electronics. Before the price drop it was around #35,000. For a television of that price range it is selling very good now.

I hope that LG will stick with the GTV televisions. The question is do they want to market them at these prices longer term - or is this an inventory blow-out move (similar to Logitech's handling of the Revue). The price declines aren't quite as dramatic as what the Revue had. Logitech mis-managed their handling of the Revue by manufacturing too many boxes at the outset - thus they were stuck with a huge inventory overhang. I think the current GTV manufacturers will be more prudent.

The new Sony GTV box has been varying between approx. #350 to #850 in Amazon electronics chart.