Quantcast

Amazon Is Sending Targeted Invitations To Try Fire TV Free For A Month

Discussion in 'Amazon Fire TV' started by CatfishRivers, May 22, 2014.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Amazon is sending targeted invitations to try Fire TV free for a month ? Tech News and Analysis (click for full article)

by Kif Leswing - May 22, 2014

-- If you’ve been on the fence about whether to purchase Amazon’s Fire TV, check your email: Amazon is sending out emails which allow customers to try a Fire TV set-top box for 30 days before paying.

It’s an unusual promotion for Amazon, which previously has never allowed customers to try a product at home before buying it. In fact, I can’t think of another tech company that has tried a similar tactic for hardware — even the Google Glass trial program sent prospective customers nonfunctional dummy units — although the “try-before-you-buy” marketing strategy is pervasive in a lot of other industries.

See more at: Amazon is sending targeted invitations to try Fire TV free for a month ? Tech News and Analysis

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

It sure would be nice if Google put a bit of a promotional effort behind Google TV (or whatever it's called these days). Instead Google leaves it to the GTV manufacturers to promote the product. In turn the GTV manufacturers seemingly do essentially nothing to promote the product. In terms of getting the word out to the public - the new Hisense android TVs are like a well kept secret. Meanwhile Amazon and Roku actively promote their TV products. Is it any wonder that Google TV doesn't sell well? When was the last time Google updated the Official Google TV Blog?

• Like Like x 2
  3. pmcd

pmcd Active Member

I think the only people who know or care about Google TV are those who visit this forum. Google has perfected a stealth strategy for bring Google TV to the public's attention.

Philip

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk