Quantcast

Amazon Instant Video

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by jmccary, Jan 17, 2013.

1. jmccary

jmccary New Member

I'm confused as to whether I should be able to watch Amazon Instant Video in HD on my Sony NSZ-GT7. There are instructions for 'registering' the Sony device on the Amazon website but since there is no app, the instructions they give don't work (or I can't figure it out). Do I just have to wait for the app??? Thanks! John

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Currently you should be able to view TV shows from Amazon Instant Video in HD through their web site with the Chrome browser. However currently you cannot view movies in HD. Google is supposed to be sending out an update for the Sony NSZ-GS7 (probably within a few weeks) that will enable the new Amazon Instant Video app for GTV. Once you receive the update for the new app then you will also be able to view movies in HD through the new app.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  3. kermtfrg

kermtfrg New Member

I followed those same instructions on their website even had support on chat with me and they assured me it should work. But no, no HD until the app is out.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Again, no movies in HD until the app is available but TV shows can be played in HD now.