Quantcast

Amazon - 5.1 audio?

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by revue5, May 20, 2013.

1. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Anyone can confirm if Amazon app (on Co-Star) Streams in 5.1 Dolby Digital (5.1DD) surround sound?

Thx

Amazon app test:
    ------------------------
    Try the following titles from Amazon app:

"Into the Wild” title":

Launch Amazon app > search for the title “Into the Wild” > select [Watch trailer]

Note: this title is encoded in 5.1 Dolby Digital (5.1DD).
    * Your AV Receiver should display “3/2/0.1 Dolby” or “Dolby Digital” (no “+”indicates legacy).

Notes: see Co-Star audio settings > here

2. brimagick

brimagick New Member

2 Channel PCM only. I have a fairly high end Yamha Aventage RX-A2010 receiver whereby the audio input setting is locked into "STRAIGHT" mode - meaning no DSP's applied. Vudu fires right up into Dolby Digital. Amazon ALWAYS outputs into 2 CH PCM. I've reverted to using my XBOX 360 for Amazon given this limitation. I'm uncertain whether this is an issue with the Amazon App (it has no setting modes for audio) or of the Co-Star.

If anyone has actually output Amazon in DD 5.1 I'd love to see a screenshot of the front of their receiver where they show the mode - proving no DSP had been applied to "emulate" 5.1.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

LMAO ....(L0L) Will it work with these settings Press [V] button > select "Settings" > "Audio" > HDMI Audio Out > Auto ...?(l0l) Are they any other digital audio settings on the Vizio Co-Star, I believe they are ...!(LMAO):cool: It must be that all AV receivers are not created equal ...! Show me your new Amazon Video test playing movies 5.1 DD using your Vizio Co-Star secret settings ... You the master, you wrote the book ...(LMAO):cool:

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  4. brimagick

brimagick New Member

Wisdom - this reply is nothing but nonsense. What you just described is how to get into the Co-Star settings and ensure you're set to HDMI Audio Out. Do you realize this is not universal to ALL applications installed on the co-star? The Amazon app does NOT include it's own dedicated Audio Settings, and the app itself only outputs 2 CH PCM - regardless of what your core Co-Star Audio Setting is set to.

Lets take this as an example. Based on your logic (whereby you seem believe the Co-Star set to Auto means EVERYTHING outputs into 5.1 DD) open a Chrome Browser - go to YouTube, and launch an HD video with 5.1 DD. You'll NEVER get 5.1 DD out of this even with the Co-Star set to HDMI Audio Out to Auto. Why? Because the Chrome Browser does not support Dolby Digital.

In addition, your response is immature, combative, and adds no value. I know a lot of users would prefer you to chill out on these forums, cease these pissing matches and stop spreading misinformation where a single repeated request for screenshots or real world examples from your setup would go towards showing some truth and knowledge in what you write.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

oh here we go again.... i can see that train coming off the tracks any moment now.... such passion for a silly streaming box... let me quote "LMAO...(lol"

6. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

This is exactly what I'm talking about dude, see everybody can come into my threads and make all the humor statements they want too .. Now If Wisdom come into their threads and do the very same thing, oh, he's the bad guy, he's so immature, yeah right ... You cannot go into of my threads and find any misinformation that I have created, it's seems that you are truly a player hater ... You are so smart produce your test 5.1 DD movies Amazon test video, I'm waiting ...(LMAO):cool:

7. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

not one more word or vacations will be given!!

8. Amuzeme

Amuzeme New Member

$IMG_20130520_185811_477.jpg Just 2.0 PCM, No 5.1

• Like Like x 2
  9. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

Please help me. How do you get that info to display on you TV screen? I could do with my Boxee Box by pressing "i" on the remote but I do not know how to do it with the Co-Star.

10. Amuzeme

Amuzeme New Member

The info isn't coming from my Costar, It's being supplied by my AVRs on screen display

11. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

Yeah, even though I pass my video and audio via hdmi from the Co-Star through my Bose and then to the TV it will not give that type of detailed info. Its a shame considering what I paid for it. :(

12. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Thanks.

So, seems that the new Amazon app (on Co-Star) does not support "Surround Sound" (no 5.1 audio).
    But it streams all its HD titles in only Stereo sound (2 ch PCM).

13. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

As it seems that the new Amazon app (on Co-Star) does not support "Surround Sound" (no 5.1 audio).
    But it streams all its HD titles in only Stereo sound (2 ch PCM).

That's odd giving all streaming players on the market with Amazon App have "Surround Sound" (5.1 audio) support.

See • Movies & TV Shows Apps (chart)

FYI, Amazon App, has "Amazon VOD" and "Amazon prime".
    - "Amazon VOD" is pay-per-view (& offers new HD/5.1 audio titles).
    - "Amazon prime" (for about $7 a month) competes directly with Netflix (& offers HD/5.1 audio Movies & TV Shows titles).
    ("Amazon prime" also includes free shipping, btw)

• Like Like x 2