Quantcast

Am I missing something?

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by overtimeman, Nov 22, 2012.

1. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

Enjoyed the heck out of my GS7 since Sony put it on their website.Now amazon.com has them for $166 with free shipping.Anyways my question is on the save password business. Is there something in the settings I have to change for this feature to work properly?I always click save pass word at the bottom but still have to type in passwords on those sites.Just wondering what I'm doing wrong.

2. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

What I'm trying to understand is why click to save password and you still have to type it in at websites you go to.It's clicked as option under the hood but is there something in settings I need to click or is this the way it is supposed to work.User name works great just have to type in one letter and it pops up under the box.Or is my unit defective?

3. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi Mike

What determines which websites save passwords is based on each site's individual security protocols. For example, sites that use a simple non-java security setup will allow for the saving of Usernames & Passwords. Mostly you will find these in forums and shopping sites where yer Credit Card info is separated from the main page. Other sites like Windows Live, banking, Cable, and E-mail, will not allow for Auto-input of passwords from this and other devices like it.

On PCs the auto-input is handled by the browser itself. Basically, your PC is typing the password each time for ya. GTV relies on the site to cooperate w/our browser. Unfortunately, many sites don't allow for cookied Passwords beyond a specific time period or internet session.

My library password has been saved since Jan. Whereas Cox never allows for this.

Carl

• Like Like x 2
  4. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

BTW, you don't even have to type in the first letter on most sites. Just place cursor in the box and use the down directional key. I have sites that I have multiple user accounts for. This is a convenient shortcut to scroll through multiple user e-mail addys.