Quantcast

Am I missing something here?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Coop, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Coop

Coop New Member

So android market has movies I can rent and watch on my phone, tablet, computer, whatever... I went out and got the Sony Blu-ray player with Google TV, and for some reason I can't find a way to the movies on the market? I assume I can play them via the browser, but it just seems odd that there wouldn't just be a built in app for this. Am I missing something?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Google has only opened the Android Market for Android apps. The TV and Movies content are not currently available through the Android Market. However, you can get access to premium content from either Sony Entertainment Network app or the Amazon Video On Demand website.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I think YouTube movies would be a good alternative. The movies work good with GTV. They have rentals at different prices and even a nice selection of free movies.

4. Coop

Coop New Member

Thanks! The selection / prices look very similar at first glance. I don't understand though why Google isn't pushing this to the front... I've not purchased movies on the market yet, because I'd rather not watch on my phone or tablet, and Google TV is pretty obviously the best platform for selling these things. You'd think movies would be one of the no-brainer things to expose in the market on GoogleTV devices.

Overall I really like the device, but wish it was more complete. I'd buy at least one more if it were, may still since my BR player in the bedroom is on the fritz, but I wish google would make that decision easy for me.

5. credo

credo New Member

Remember, this is still early in the game for GTV. Apple does not put out a product until everything is ready. Google puts out what works (sometimes) and adds to it with beta and final product along the way. Patience is the name of the game. GTV, is still a great product, especially for the price.