Quantcast

Am considering Google Tv, however....

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by chinatown, Sep 18, 2011.

1. chinatown

chinatown New Member

does this transcript from At&t enough to make the purchase worthwhile?

"Andrea A.:
    AT&T High Speed Internet Direct Elite will give you up to 6Mbps download speed and up to 768Kbps upload speed which is best suited for home networking, streaming video, online gaming, downloading movies, and sharing photos."

2. Chunkybug

Chunkybug New Member

For $99 you can't go wrong...

Speed should be totally fine....

Just my thoughts as usual..

Kev

• Like Like x 2
  3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Through Time Warner's Triple Play (phone/cable/internet) Bundle @ $99, I'm quoted with 15 Mbps download with 3 Mbps upload speeds.

Actual tested speed...

[​IMG]PC connected via Gigabit Ethernet

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  4. stuberman

stuberman Member

I was using ATT U-verse at 6 Mbps (download) without any problems.
    Last week I noticed that my 2 kids and wife were each streaming videos or gaming over the Internet so I upgraded to 12 Mbps.
    (Something about an ounce of prevention) It was interesting to be able to upgrade through the ATT portal immediately.

5. Zman1001

Zman1001 New Member

I use to have Verizon DSL at 3 Mpbs, and did not have a problem. I have since switched to Comcast and get upwards of 30mpbs. 3 Mpbs was plenty for me to use Google TV, and my wife to watch Netflix through Roku on different TV at same time. My switch was cost based only, where I dropped my telephone and dsl, and went with Comcast internet only

6. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

I have seen and heard people using 1-1/2 - 2 Mpbs and worked just fine..

If I remember, I think Logitech recommended 1-1/2 mpbs, I think that's what I heard.. Don't quote me though..

7. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I have 1.5 mbps download speed with Comcast Economy internet service. Everything works fine - except for HD videos. For HD you really need a higher speed than 1.5 mbps. Although I am able to watch HD by pausing the video and letting it buffer. I really like the HD on Dailymotion. I've read that their HD is at a lower bit rate than most other web sites with HD - however to my eyes their HD is very good - plus I can watch many of their HD videos with little or no buffering. I wish YouTube would be as good - IMO the 480P on YouTube is not as good as the 720P on Dailymotion. (Just my own experience with how the videos play with my Revue and with my current internet service.)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011