Quantcast

Alternative keybord for use with the NSZ-GT1

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by saeba, Feb 27, 2012.

1. saeba

saeba Active Member

Hi, I'll post more of a review once I completely charge the remote and use it more.... but wanted to report success in using the iPazzPort KP-810-10A RF-based keyboard (~$30 USD shipped from eBay) with the Sony NSZ-GT1. Please note that I'm using the RF variant and not the bluetooth (and note: the Bluetooth version, KP-810-10BTT, won't work). Brief impressions:
    • I like the touchpad better than the optical sensor on the Sony remote.
    • I miss the TV controls (volume, channel, DVR, Guide, TV, etc.) on the Sony. I can use it in combination with my Logitech Harmony One remote.
    • I like the arrow control location better than the Sony. I never got used to the arrows on the left-side on the Sony.
    • Not sure how much real use the built in laser point will be... but the cats seem to like it ;-)!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. odsamuels

odsamuels New Member

LOL @ the cats seem to like it

3. saeba

saeba Active Member

After more use.... Like the touchpad, but it has the "tap to select" feature that always gives me problems. I seem to have a knack for accidentally engaging this "feature". I finally turned it off on my laptop, but no such option here. I still like the touchpad better than the optical sensor on the Sony remote though.

I like the keyboard. It's backlit (via a button on the keyboard). I like the layout overall, but do miss having TV/DVR controls. But using it in conjunction with the Harmony One is workable. Another issue is that I still have to turn on the NSZ-GT1 using the Sony remote. Neither the keyboard nor my Harmony One remote will do this.

So... bottom line... certainly very usable, but not a perfect solution.