Quantcast

Album Art in Media Player?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Jacksmyname, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Member

Hi all.
    Is album art for music supposed to display in Logitech Media Player and aVia media player?
    It doesn't show up in either app.

Thanks.

2. tamanaco

tamanaco New Member

It's supposed to work. It just does not work consistently. I have my MP3 library with embedded album art in a USB attached drive. Sometimes I have to disconnect the drive to add content and then reconnect it. Depending of some "unknown" factor, I either get my library with or without album art when I reconnect the drive. Sometimes the Media Player re-indexes after I reconnect or reboot and sometimes it doesn't. I have tried pressing several refresh buttons around, enabling and disabling indexing and clearing the data for both the Logitech Media Player and the Media Device. Still... sometimes some of these methods work, but MOST times they don't. As I mentioned in the External Hard Drives thread... It's mystery waiting to be solved.

EDIT: I have been able to get album art back in the Logitech Media Player and aVia, with some consistency by clearing the data from the Logitech Media Player, Media Device and Storage Device and then also removing the Android folder in the root of the USB drive and rebooting. Most likely there are some redundant steps here, but I have not had the chance to go through all the iterations. I have to re-configure the LMP and let it run its indexing process, but all album art is there.

One thing I just noticed is that the Genre and Songs category are not showing up... but the LMP still says "Indexing..." in small letters at the bottom. I'll take a look again when I get back home later today. The aVia player has all its categories including All Songs and Genre working with album art.

EDIT2: Why?... Oh Why?... Couldn't Logitech implement a Progress Bar or % Counter so that one could visually determine how far along has the indexing process gone. Is it progressing?.... Is it stuck at a certain % level for a long time? Nah!.. that's to much to ask... we just gotta suck it up.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  3. fkasten

fkasten New Member

I use aVia to grab my iTunes playlists from Twonky Media Server on my Windows XP PC. I get some album artwork but not most. It all plays perfectly though so I can live with that.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Member

Thanks for the replies.