Quantcast

AirPrint/Google Cloud Printers

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by guest, Nov 24, 2012.

1. guest

guest Active Member

I just posted the following on the Logitech Forum. http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Revue-and-Accessories/bd-p/revue I had previously attempted to post it in this forum [but was prevented because it did not format correctly]. This is what I wrote:

Apple's list of AirPrint-Ready printers seems to be more extensive than Google's list of Cloud-Ready printers. Isn't the underlying technology the same such that AirPrint-Ready printers would work with our Google TV's, too?

I'm interested in using a Samsung printer, but I don't see Samsung in Google's Cloud-Ready list. Yet Google and Samsung recently collaborated to create the "blockbuster" Samsung ChromeBook. Perhaps, the Google list of Cloud-Ready printers isn't up to date? Apparently, the HP line of e-Print-Ready printers will work with both. But, unless there is something proprietary involved here, Apple's AirPrint-Ready printers may be Cloud-Ready (usable with a Google TV), too. Does anyone know if this is the case?

AirPrint Basics

Google - Cloud Print
    -------------
    Some nazi "Super Moderator" deleted it as being off-topic! wtf? I wrote this to him:

"How was my post off topic? I have a Logitech Revue. The only printers that are supported are in-the-cloud printers, like AirPrint (possibly) and the Google Cloud printers. I think that you are off base deleting it and would request that you repost it!"

If he doesn't repost it, I won't contribute to that forum again.

Do you think it is an off-topic post on a forum created for Logitech users? With managerial "talent" like that involved with the Revue, it's no surprise it's been a commercial failure.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012