Quantcast

After Turning TV Back On - Blank Screen

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by motivesscrime, Aug 14, 2011.

1. motivesscrime

motivesscrime New Member

I finally broke down and bought a Revue earlier this week. Everything is operating as expected but every time I turn off the TV and turn it back on (regardless of time elapsed) I'm met with a greyish/white blank screen! If I reboot my Revue it will go away. I've also discovered that changing my video input off of HDMI 1 and then back to it again brings Google TV back onto the screen. I realize its a minor problem to fix but if there is a permanent fix I'd love to hear it!

Thanks!

2. drose1521

drose1521 New Member

I am having a similar problem. I get audio, but I don't get any video for a few minutes , especially if it has been more than a few hours since I used the revue.

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

4. drose1521

drose1521 New Member

Anyone else having an issue when turning on the revue after it has not been used for a few hours? I get audio, but my tv doesn't detect video for a few minutes. I have my revue connected to a directv box, onkyo receiver and hitachi plasma.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Most likely that's a HDCP handshaking issue. It sounds the black screen is what you see during the interim of establishing a connection.

6. drose1521

drose1521 New Member

I have a pretty crazy setup. the hdmi is running from a directv hd box to the revue to an onkyo receiver to a hdmi extender over cat6 to the tv. I am wondering if because I am still getting sound without the picture to the receiver, maybe its that final link from the hdmi extender to the television. It has always worked fine before.

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It is possible, since any break of the HDCP handshaking between the Source Device (DirecTV HD box) and the Render Device (Television) can cause the Source Device to shut off the video output. So, this could be because of Revue, Onkyo receiver, HDMI extender, or all the cables in between. It could even be the set-top box if DirecTV has imposed any additional limitation on the numbers of device, the amount of depth, or number of keys which it can support.

HDMI is an excellent medium for the digital age, too bad disease ridden problems with HDCP holds it back.

8. HeatherA

HeatherA New Member

I frequently get a grey screen on my main TV with the Review. It's because of the HDCP handshake between my Revue, TV and TiVo. I have to actually reset my TV to get the TiVo's picture and sound back.

9. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

You could just change HDMI input to another input and return to same Revue’s input, if this work add the sequence to your universal remote control.

Some of the AVR w/ HDMI active Intelligence repeater detects TV on/off & Auto repeat HDMI CEC handshake (no issue here).

You could also try first to select the [OK] button on your remote, when you get that screen it may just work!!

Good Luck

10. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Avoiding black screen After Turning TV Back On.

If Revue is connected to AVR via HDMI, set the AVR [HDMI Control] to [ON] so, when TV is turn OFF and back ON the AVR re-initiate HDMI handshake and resume Audio-Video (even if Revue is in TV mode).

Good Luck!

11. ulises1954

ulises1954 Member

I am having a similar problem.

I get Video, but I don't get any Audio for a few minutes...

I Only Have to reset my Logitech Revue and all is normal again!

12. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Maybe some more info could help! Like via STB, AVR, App, Audio setting PCM/DD..., Audio over HDMI/Optical... if TV off/on while Revue playback/pause/screensaver mode...