Quantcast

Advice on going with Google TV

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by adamjackson, Nov 18, 2016.

1. adamjackson

adamjackson New Member

I'm a bit outdated on the whole TV thing. I think I have a 24" TV....the old boxy type.
    I'm pretty fed up with my cable provider and think I could easily be satisfied with the likes of Amazon vod, netflix, and/or hulu plus, etc etc.
    I've read about Roku, blue ray players and game consoles providing those interfaces but having those 'apps' plus google tv sounds better.
    Is it? It seems to be waning???
    In order to make the upgrade I need a new TV......so do I get one with the capabilities built in or go with a player? Should I forget about Google TV or do y'all like it over just a Roku type of experience?

My tv/movie needs are pretty simple but I do like tinkering with my rooted phone and android.
    If you were in my position and about to upgrade what would you do? I'm also not in a particular hurry if the summer brings something promising.

Tags: ringtone download, nhac chuong khong loi hay, sms ringtones

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  2. Hruanin

Hruanin New Member

Google TV leverages many of Google’s existing products. Google TV’s operating system, a customized version of Android, provides the underlying foundation, allowing developers to create applications that extend the system’s functionality. Google’s Chrome browser provides a gateway to the Internet, allowing consumers to browse web sites and watch television, in tandem. Consumers can access HBO, CNBS, and content from other providers through the Chrome browser. Android and Apple smartphones and tablet computers may be used as remote controls for Google TV. Google TV products ship with wireless remote controls with a full QWERTY keypad. An update in November 2011, allowed access to Google Play and enabled search to find content from live TV, Netflix, YouTube, HBO GO, Amazon, and more. This information from Wiki, read more there Google TV - Wikipedia . Interesting topics you can read there Django Stars